B J Czerniecki
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Diverse functional activity of CD83+ monocyte-derived dendritic cells and the implications for cancer vaccinesB J Czerniecki
Department of Surgery and Harrison Surgical Research Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Crit Rev Immunol 21:157-78. 2001..Therefore, the development of antitumor responses can be dramatically influenced not only by costimulation, but also by the cytokine and chemokine production of DCs, which must be considered in the development of cancer vaccines...
- Calcium ionophore activation of chronic myelogenous leukemia progenitor cells into dendritic cells is mediated by calcineurin phosphataseF H Engels
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 4 Silverstein Pavilion, 3400 Spruce Street, 19104 4283, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Leuk Res 24:795-804. 2000..These findings suggest a Ca(2+)-dependent mechanism for the CI-induced activation of CML cells into antigen-presenting cells (APC), which is primarily mediated through the CaM/calcineurin pathway...
- Calcium signaling inhibits interleukin-12 production and activates CD83(+) dendritic cells that induce Th2 cell developmentM B Faries
Department of Surgery and the Harrison Surgical Research Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Blood 98:2489-97. 2001..Calcium-mobilized DCs may have clinical usefulness in treating disease states with excessive Th1/Tc1 activity, such as graft-versus-host disease or autoimmunity...
- MR imaging in patients with nipple discharge: initial experienceS G Orel
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Radiology 216:248-54. 2000..To investigate the potential of magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in patients with nipple discharge...
- Revolutionary impact of lymphoscintigraphy and intraoperative sentinel node mapping in the clinical practice of oncologyB J Czerniecki
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Semin Nucl Med 31:158-64. 2001..However, based on data from our institution and others, the delivery of the mapping reagents (both radioactive tracers and blue dye) to the subareolar space may help to standardize breast cancer SLN mapping...
- Locally recurrent malignant melanoma characteristics and outcomes: a single-institution studyJ K Wildemore
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
Ann Plast Surg 46:488-94. 2001..Lastly, with nearly 20% of the local recurrences occurring more than 5 years after the initial date of treatment, the authors suggest extending the follow-up time for all melanoma lesions beyond 5 years...
- The impact of a multidisciplinary breast cancer center on recommendations for patient management: the University of Pennsylvania experienceJ H Chang
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania Cancer Center and School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer 91:1231-7. 2001..This multidisciplinary program provided important second opinions for many patients with breast carcinoma...
- Radiation therapy and Toll-like receptor signaling: implications for the treatment of cancerR E Roses
Department of Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Oncogene 27:200-7. 2008..In this paper, we will review evidence for enhanced tumor-directed immunity resulting from radiation exposure and early promising data suggesting synergistic effects of radiation and TLR-targeted immunotherapies...