Lisa M Curtis
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Distribution of Rab GTPases in mouse kidney and comparison with vacuolar H+-ATPaseLisa M Curtis
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Nephron Physiol 100:p31-42. 2005..Although the proteins involved in regulated V-ATPase traffic are largely unknown, Rab GTPases have a central role in the traffic and recycling of other membrane proteins...
- Contribution of intrarenal cells to cellular repair after acute kidney injury: subcapsular implantation techniqueLisa M Curtis
Nephrology and Research Training Center, Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 4412, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F310-4. 2008....
- Detection of early changes in renal function using 99mTc-MAG3 imaging in a murine model of ischemia-reperfusion injuryJohn Roberts
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Research and Training Center, Uniersity of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1408-12. 2007..Our study shows that using dynamic imaging, renal dysfunction can be detected and quantified reliably as early as 5 h after I/R insult, allowing for evaluation of early treatment interventions...
- Heme Oxygenase-1 Regulates Myeloid Cell Trafficking in AKITravis D Hull
Nephrology Research and Training Center, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama and
J Am Soc Nephrol 26:2139-51. 2015..These results highlight an important role for HO-1 in orchestrating the trafficking of myeloid cells in AKI, which may represent a key pathway for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Paracrine effects of mesenchymal stem cells in cisplatin-induced renal injury require heme oxygenase-1Abolfazl Zarjou
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Research Training Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1900 Univ Blvd, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F254-62. 2011..Our studies indicate that HO-1 plays an important role in MSC-mediated protection. The results expand understanding of the renoprotective effects of MSC and may provide novel strategies to better utilize MSC in various disease models...
- Distinct populations of label-retaining cells in the adult kidney are defined temporally and exhibit divergent regional distributionsSunil Rangarajan
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Nephrology Research and Training Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 307:F1274-82. 2014....
- Mechanism and prevention of acute kidney injury from cast nephropathy in a rodent modelWei Zhong Ying
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Nephrology Research and Training Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
J Clin Invest 122:1777-85. 2012..Further, the data support a clinically relevant approach to the management of renal failure in the setting of multiple myeloma...