D Ralph Crowe
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy of hepatic lesions: computerized tomographic-guided versus endoscopic ultrasound-guided FNAD Ralph Crowe
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35233, USA
Cancer 108:180-5. 2006....
- Providing on-site diagnosis of malignancy on endoscopic-ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspirates: should it be done?Nirag C Jhala
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35249, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:176-81. 2007..Here we report our experience of prospectively providing on-site diagnosis on 485 endoscopic ultrasound fine-needle aspirate samples...
- Diagnosis of deep-seated lymphoma and leukemia by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsyJudith L Pugh
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 619 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 125:703-9. 2006..One case of hairy cell leukemia was diagnosed. EUS-FNAB is a minimally invasive, cost-effective, and useful tool for the primary diagnosis or staging of deep-seated lymphomas...
- Agreement between rapid onsite and final cytologic interpretations of EUS-guided FNA specimens: implications for the endosonographer and patient managementMohamad A Eloubeidi
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0007, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:2841-7. 2006..We compared agreement between ROSE of EUS-FNA (endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration) specimens with final cytology interpretation and their respective operating characteristics...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy of the adrenal glands: analysis of 24 patientsNirag C Jhala
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35249, USA
Cancer 102:308-14. 2004..Thus, EUS-FNA biopsy offers a novel opportunity to evaluate and obtain cytology samples from adrenal gland lesions. The objective of the current study was to determine the utility of EUS-FNA in the diagnosis of adrenal lesions...
- Significance and possible causes of false-negative results of reflex human Papillomavirus infection testingIsam A Eltoum
Department of Pathology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
Cancer 111:154-9. 2007..The objective of this study was to assess the rate and possible reasons for false-negative (FN) reflex human papillomavirus (HPV)-DNA tests...
- p16 Improves interobserver agreement in diagnosis of anal intraepithelial neoplasiaSarah M Bean
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 13:145-53. 2009....
- Malignant neoplasia in four alpacasEva A Sartin
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849 5519, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 16:226-9. 2004..Immunohistochemical stains supported a diagnosis of B-cell lymphosarcoma in alpacas 1-3 and a neuroendocrine neoplasm in alpaca 4...
- Inhaled NO accelerates restoration of liver function in adults following orthotopic liver transplantationJohn D Lang
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98108 1597, USA
J Clin Invest 117:2583-91. 2007..In summary, this study supports the clinical use of iNO as an extrapulmonary therapeutic to improve organ function following transplantation...