Genomes and Genes
Joseph T Crossno
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Attenuation of hypoxia-induced pulmonary artery remodeling by a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonistJoseph T Crossno
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine, Cardiovascular Pulmonary Laboratory, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Chest 128:580S. 2005
- Rosiglitazone attenuates hypoxia-induced pulmonary arterial remodelingJoseph T Crossno
Pulmonary and Critical Care Services, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 292:L885-97. 2007..However, this agent fails to block the development of PH, apparently because of its inability to repress sustained Rho kinase-mediated arterial vasoconstriction...
- Rosiglitazone promotes development of a novel adipocyte population from bone marrow-derived circulating progenitor cellsJoseph T Crossno
Research Section, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Clin Invest 116:3220-8. 2006..We conclude that TZDs and high-fat feeding promote the trafficking of BM-derived circulating progenitor cells to adipose tissue and their differentiation into ML adipocytes...
- Depletion of cAMP-response element-binding protein/ATF1 inhibits adipogenic conversion of 3T3-L1 cells ectopically expressing CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP) alpha, C/EBP beta, or PPAR gamma 2Keith E Fox
Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80220, USA
J Biol Chem 281:40341-53. 2006..The data also indicate that CREB not only functions during the initiation of adipogenic conversion but also at later stages...
- Hypoxia-induced pulmonary artery adventitial remodeling and neovascularization: contribution of progenitor cellsNeil J Davie
Developmental Lung Biology Group, UCHSC, 4200 East 9 th Ave, Rm 3419, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L668-78. 2004..From these observations, we suggest that the vasa vasorum and circulating progenitor cells could be involved in vessel wall thickening in the setting of hypoxia-induced PH...
- Antitumorigenic effect of Wnt 7a and Fzd 9 in non-small cell lung cancer cells is mediated through ERK-5-dependent activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gammaRobert A Winn
Veterans Administration Medical Center, Denver, and Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 80220, USA
J Biol Chem 281:26943-50. 2006..These data suggest that ERK5-dependent activation of PPARgamma represents a major effector pathway mediating the anti-tumorigenic effects of Wnt 7a and Fzd 9 in NSCLC...