R Richard Coughlin
Affiliation: University of California
- Nongovernmental organizations in musculoskeletal care: Orthopaedics OverseasR Richard Coughlin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 92110, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:2438-42. 2008..Orthopedics Overseas is an example of such an organization. We examine the development of Orthopedics Overseas and describe their interventions in Uganda as a case-study to show the unique position they have to affect change...
- What factors influence the production of orthopaedic research in East Africa? A qualitative analysis of interviewsIain S Elliott
Institute for Global Orthopaedics and Traumatology IGOT, San Francisco General Hospital, 2550 23rd Street, Building 9, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA, 94110, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 473:2120-30. 2015....
- The implementation of a pilot femur fracture registry at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital: an analysis of data quality and barriers to collaborative capacity-buildingDaniel B Sonshine
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
World J Surg 37:1506-12. 2013..The purpose of this study was to pilot a femur fracture registry at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) to assess data quality and determine the barriers to research partnering in LMICs...
- Volunteer opportunities for orthopaedic surgeons in the developing worldIain S Elliott
Morgan and Madison McClellan Research Fellow, Institute for Global Orthopaedics and Traumatology, University of California, San Francisco, California
Instr Course Lect 63:495-503. 2014..A framework for action will help orthopaedic surgeons use the many avenues available for involvement in international volunteer work. ..
- Volunteer orthopedic surgical trips in Nicaragua: a cost-effectiveness evaluationAndrew T Chen
Institute for Global Orthopedics and Traumatology, University of California at San Francisco, Room 3A36, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
World J Surg 36:2802-8. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of short orthopedic surgical volunteer trips as a method of reducing the global burden of surgical disease through both surgical and educational interventions...
- The burden of musculoskeletal injury in low and middle-income countries: challenges and opportunitiesDavid A Spiegel
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 2nd Floor Wood Building, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:915-23. 2008
- Topics in global public healthDavid A Spiegel
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 2nd Floor Wood Building, 34th Street and Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 466:2377-84. 2008....
- The Gujarat earthquake (2001) experience in a seismically unprepared area: community hospital medical responseNobhojit Roy
BARC Hospital, Anushaktinagar, Mumbai, India
Prehosp Disaster Med 17:186-95. 2002..The known number killed by the earthquake is 20,005, with 166,000 injured, of whom 20,717 were "seriously" injured. About 370,000 houses were destroyed, and another 922,000 were damaged...