Sarah C Couch
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- The efficacy of a clinic-based behavioral nutrition intervention emphasizing a DASH-type diet for adolescents with elevated blood pressureSarah C Couch
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0394, USA
J Pediatr 152:494-501. 2008....
- Improving the diets of the young: considerations for intervention designSarah C Couch
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 3202 Goodman Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0394, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 106:S10-1. 2006
- Dietary variety increases as a function of time and influences diet quality in childrenGrace A Falciglia
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0394, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 36:77-83. 2004..To investigate the changes in dietary variety over time in children and to determine the relationship between dietary variety and diet quality...
- Shared genetic contributions of fruit and vegetable consumption with BMI in families 20 y after sharing a householdLisa J Martin
Division of Human Genetics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 94:1138-43. 2011..Interestingly, diet also has a genetic basis. Thus, we hypothesized that the genetic underpinnings of diet may partially overlap with the genetics of obesity...
- Assessing dietary variety in children: development and validation of a predictive equationGrace A Falciglia
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati, College of Allied Health Sciences, 3202 Eden Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0394, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 109:641-7. 2009..This is the first study conducted to develop a dietary variety measurement tool that is sensitive to the effect of time on dietary variety without the burden of gathering data for 2 weeks...
- Hearing screening outcomes in infants of pregestational diabetic mothersSusan G Stanton
Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0379, USA
Am J Audiol 14:86-93. 2005..Hearing screening results for newborns of diabetic mothers were compared with those of nondiabetic controls...
- Longitudinal associations of nutritional factors with glycated hemoglobin in youth with type 1 diabetes: the SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary StudyArchana P Lamichhane
From the Department of Nutrition, Gillings School of Global Public Health APL, the Department of Nutrition, Gillings School of Global Public Health and School of Medicine EJM D, and the Departments of Nursing and Biostatistics JLC, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC the Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH SCC the Department of Research and Evaluation, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Pasadena, CA JML, and the Hubert Department of Global Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA LMJ
Am J Clin Nutr 101:1278-85. 2015..We previously showed that higher baseline intakes of n-3 (ω-3) fatty acids and leucine are associated with preserved β cell function 2 y later in youth with T1D...
- Diet and blood pressure in childrenSarah C Couch
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 17:642-7. 2005..The purpose of this review is to summarize the current evidence regarding nutrients, foods, and dietary patterns and their role in blood pressure elevation and in the treatment of pediatric hypertension...
- Associations between long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and cardiovascular lipid risk factors in youth with type 1 diabetes: SEARCH Nutrition Ancillary StudySarah C Couch
3202 Eden Avenue, French Building East, Room 364, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0394 Electronic address
J Diabetes Complications . 2016....
- Fructose intake and cardiovascular risk factors in youth with type 1 diabetes: SEARCH for diabetes in youth studySarah C Couch
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0394, United States
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 100:265-71. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the association between fructose intake and CVD risk factors in a diverse population of youth with type 1 diabetes (T1D)...
- Dietary patterns in adults from an Adriatic Island of Croatia and their associations with metabolic syndrome and its componentsRashmi D Sahay
University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Department of Environmental Health, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Coll Antropol 37:335-42. 2013..6% of total dietary variance. The MAFp associated significantly with MetS (p = 0.027) and high plasma glucose (p = 0.006)...
- A success of a genetics educational intervention for nursing and dietetic students: A model for incorporating genetics into nursing and allied health curriculaDeborah L Cragun
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 4006, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
J Allied Health 34:90-6. 2005..Recommendations and resources for incorporating genetics into allied health curricula are included...
- A curriculum based on social learning theory emphasizing fruit exposure and positive parent child-feeding strategies: a pilot studyLaura Siem Gribble
Department of Nutritional Sciences, College of Allied Health Sciences, University of Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 103:100-3. 2003..Fruit preference scores were similar between groups. Additionally, there was a significant decrease in use of controlling child-feeding strategies by parents in the intervention vs the control group...
- Diet and blood pressure elevation in children and adolescentsSarah C Couch
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 158:418-9. 2004