Julia Field Costich
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Pilot statewide study of pediatric emergency department alignment with national guidelinesJulia F Costich
Department of Health Services Management, College of Public Health, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 29:806-7. 2013..In addition to providing baseline data regarding institutional alignment with the guidelines, the survey supported development of grant funding to procure missing items...
- Local legal infrastructure and population healthJulia F Costich
Department of Health Services Management, University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, 40536 0003, USA
Am J Public Health 102:1936-41. 2012..Several control variables were included. We used a regression model to test the relationship between the varieties of local public health legal infrastructure identified and population health status...
- Making sense of state health data: the case of KentuckyJulia F Costich
Department of Health Services Management, University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, KS 40536 0003, USA
South Med J 105:468-73. 2012..Using the example of Kentucky, this article illustrates the realities masked by rankings that use averages and fail to account for social determinants of health...
- Coded statutory data sets for evaluation of public health lawJulia Field Costich
University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Eval Rev 36:220-37. 2012..The optimal format for empirical analysis is a machine-readable 50-state coded data set. This study provides a comprehensive assessment of these resources and related materials with a focus on statutory data sets...
- The Perruche case and the issue of compensation for the consequences of medical errorJulia Field Costich
University of Kentucky, College of Public Health, 121 Washington Avenue, Lexington, KY 40536 0003, USA
Health Policy 78:8-16. 2006....
- Public health financial management needs: report of a national surveyJulia F Costich
Department of Health Services Management, College of Public Health, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:307-10. 2009..The next logical step was to provide a validity check for the competencies and identify priority areas for educational programming...
- Public health preparedness and response capacity inventory validity studyJulia Field Costich
Center for Health Services Management and Research, School of Public Health, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40536 0003, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 10:225-33. 2004..An interactive electronic version includes a scoring mechanism that allows agencies to judge progress towards the critical capacities and benchmarks over time...