Phaedra S Corso
Affiliation: University of Georgia
- Health-related quality of life among adults who experienced maltreatment during childhoodPhaedra S Corso
Department of Health Policy and Management, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, N125 Paul Coverdell Center, Athens, GA 30602 7397, USA
Am J Public Health 98:1094-100. 2008..We sought to assess the difference in a preference-based measure of health among adults reporting maltreatment as a child versus those reporting no maltreatment...
- Predictors of engagement in a parenting intervention designed to prevent child maltreatmentPhadedra S Corso
College of Public Health, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
West J Emerg Med 11:235-41. 2010....
- Economic analysis of a multi-site prevention program: assessment of program costs and characterizing site-level variabilityPhaedra S Corso
Department of Health Policy and Management, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, 110 E Clayton St, Suite 300, Athens, GA 30602 5001, USA
Prev Sci 14:447-56. 2013....
- A comparison of willingness to pay to prevent child maltreatment deaths in Ecuador and the United StatesPhaedra S Corso
College of Public Health, University of Georgia, 110 E Clayton Street, Suite 300, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:1342-55. 2013....
- Measuring health-related quality of life for child maltreatment: a systematic literature reviewLisa A Prosser
Center for Child Health Care Studies, Harvard Medical School and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Department of Ambulatory Care and Prevention, Boston, MA, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:42. 2007..The objective of this study was to review the literature for existing approaches and instruments for measuring quality-of-life for child maltreatment outcomes...
- Benefits of preventing a death associated with child maltreatment: evidence from willingness-to-pay survey dataPhaedra S Corso
Department of Health Policy and Management, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 5001, USA
Am J Public Health 101:487-90. 2011..If a child maltreatment intervention is effective enough to save even 1 life, then in many cases, its benefits will outweigh its costs...
- Medical costs and productivity losses due to interpersonal and self-directed violence in the United StatesPhaedra S Corso
College of Public Health, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Am J Prev Med 32:474-482. 2007..From 2003 to 2005, the lifetime medical costs and productivity losses associated with medically treated injuries due to interpersonal and self-directed violence occurring in the United States in 2000 were assessed...
- Cost-effectiveness of the strong African American families-teen program: 1-year follow-upJustin B Ingels
Department of Health Policy and Management, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 133:556-61. 2013..However, rigorous economic evaluations of prevention programs targeting this population are scarce...
- Integrating condom skills into family-centered prevention: efficacy of the Strong African American Families-Teen programSteven M Kogan
Department of Child and Family Development, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Adolesc Health 51:164-70. 2012..Ancillary analyses were conducted to identify factors that predicted youth attendance of the condom skills unit...
- A Prospective Programmatic Cost Analysis of Fuel Your Life: A Worksite Translation of DPPJustin B Ingels
Economic Evaluation Research Group, College of Public Health Drs Ingels, Walcott, Corso Workplace Health Group, College of Public Health Mr Wilson, Ms Padilla, Drs Zuercher, DeJoy and Department of Management, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia Dr Vandenberg
J Occup Environ Med 58:1106-1112. 2016..An accounting of the resources necessary for implementation of efficacious programs is important for economic evaluations and dissemination...
- Child maltreatment, youth violence, and intimate partner violence: developmental relationshipsXiangming Fang
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 33:281-90. 2007....
- The relationship between obesity and injuries among U.S. adultsEric A Finkelstein
RTI International, 3040 Cornwallis Road, PO Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Health Promot 21:460-8. 2007....
- The need for economic analysis in research on child maltreatmentPhaedra S Corso
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 4770 Buford Highway, MS K 60, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Child Abuse Negl 30:727-38. 2006
- A comparison of the case-control and case-crossover designs for estimating medical costs of nonfatal fall-related injuries among older AmericansEric A Finkelstein
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Med Care 43:1087-91. 2005..In this study, costs for a series of hospitalized and nonhospitalized fall-related injuries were computed using the 2 approaches to allow for a direct comparison of the results...
- The acute medical care costs of fall-related injuries among the U.S. older adultsBahman S Roudsari
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Injury 36:1316-22. 2005....
- Hormone therapy: making decisions in the face of uncertaintyHerbert B Peterson
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2308-12. 2004
- Therapeutic foster care for the prevention of violence: a report on recommendations of the Task Force on Community Preventive ServicesRobert A Hahn
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods, Epidemiology Program Office, CDC, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 53:1-8. 2004..This report briefly describes how the reviews were conducted, provides additional information about the findings, and provides information that might help communities in applying the intervention locally...
- First reports evaluating the effectiveness of strategies for preventing violence: early childhood home visitation. Findings from the Task Force on Community Preventive ServicesRobert A Hahn
Division of Prevention Research and Analytic Methods Epidemiology Program Office, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, CDC Atlanta, Georgia, USA
MMWR Recomm Rep 52:1-9. 2003..This report provides additional information regarding the findings, briefly describes how the reviews were conducted, and provides information that can help in applying the recommended intervention locally...
- Assessing preferences for prevention versus treatment using willingness to payPhaedra S Corso
Harvard University School of Public Health, USA
Med Decis Making 22:S92-101. 2002..Information from opinion polls suggests citizens favor spending a higher proportion of all health care dollars on prevention rather than treatment...