Ana M Corbacho
Affiliation: University of California
- Lung tumor development in mice exposed to tobacco smoke and fed beta-carotene dietsUte C Obermueller-Jevic
Center for Comparative Respiratory Biology and Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Toxicol Sci 69:23-9. 2002....
- Compromised aortic vasoreactivity in male estrogen receptor-alpha-deficient mice during acute lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammationAna M Corbacho
Center for Biophotonics Science and Technology CBST, University of California Davis, One Shields Avenue, Hunt Hall 225, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Endocrinology 148:1403-11. 2007..e. endothelial NOS) and the vascular responses to NO (i.e. soluble guanylate cyclase)...
- Tissue-specific gene expression of prolactin receptor in the acute-phase response induced by lipopolysaccharidesAna M Corbacho
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E750-7. 2004..These findings suggest a complex tissue-specific regulation of PRLR expression in the context of the APR...
- In vivo ozone exposure induces antioxidant/stress-related responses in murine lung and skinGiuseppe Valacchi
Center for Comparative Respiratory Biology and Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 36:673-81. 2004....
- Lung vitamin E transport processes are affected by both age and environmental oxidants in miceGiuseppe Valacchi
Center for Comparative Respiratory Biology and Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 222:227-34. 2007....
- Lycopene inhibits the growth of normal human prostate epithelial cells in vitroUte C Obermüller-Jevic
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Nutr 133:3356-60. 2003..This might have an effect on prostate development and/or on enlargement of prostate tissue as found in benign prostate hyperplasia, a potential precursor of prostate cancer...
- Enhanced inflammatory responses in alpha-tocopherol transfer protein null miceBettina C Schock
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and Center for Comparative Respiratory Biology and Medicine, University of California School of Medicine, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 423:162-9. 2004..Taken together, these results demonstrate that alpha-tocopherol is important for proper modulation of inflammatory responses and that sub-optimal alpha-tocopherol concentrations may derange inflammatory-immune responses...
- Effects of dietary carotenoids on mouse lung genomic profiles and their modulatory effects on short-term cigarette smoke exposuresHnin H Aung
Center for Comparative Respiratory Biology and Medicine, Clinical Nutrition and Vascular Medicine, Genome and Biomedical Sciences Facility, University of California, 6404A, 451 East Health Sciences Drive, Davis, CA, 95616, USA
Genes Nutr 4:23-39. 2009..Our data suggest that mice offer a viable in vivo model for studying bioactivities of dietary CARs and their modulatory effects on lung genomic expression in both health and after exposure to CS toxicants...
- Suppression of breast cancer growth and angiogenesis by an antisense oligodeoxynucleotide to p21(Waf1/Cip1)Robert H Weiss
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Cancer Lett 189:39-48. 2003....
- Induction of stress proteins and MMP-9 by 0.8 ppm of ozone in murine skinGiuseppe Valacchi
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Comparative Respiratory Biology and Medicine, University of California Davis, Surge I Rm 1121, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 305:741-6. 2003....
- Cytokine induction of prolactin receptors mediates prolactin inhibition of nitric oxide synthesis in pulmonary fibroblastsAna M Corbacho
Instituto de Neurobiologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Campus UNAM Juriquilla, Apartado Postal 1 1141, Juriquilla Querétaro, Qro 76001, Mexico
FEBS Lett 544:171-5. 2003..These results reveal previously unrecognized mechanisms by which PRL and PRL receptors may play significant modulatory roles during immune-inflammatory processes...
- 16K-prolactin inhibits activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase, intracellular calcium mobilization, and endothelium-dependent vasorelaxationCarmen Gonzalez
Neurobiology Institute, National University of Mexico, Queretaro, Qro, Mexico
Endocrinology 145:5714-22. 2004..In conclusion, 16K-PRL can block the Ca(2+)-mediated activation of eNOS by three different vasoactive substances, and this action results in the inhibition of both angiogenesis and vasorelaxation...
- Modulation of cutaneous wound healing by ozone: differences between young and aged miceYunsook Lim
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, UC Davis, CA, USA
Toxicol Lett 160:127-34. 2006..These findings support the hypothesis that oxidant pollutant exposure and age interact so as to disrupt normal wound healing processes...