Lori G Cook
Affiliation: University of Texas at Dallas
- Effects of moderate to severe traumatic brain injury on anticipating consequences of actions in adolescents: a preliminary studyLori G Cook
Center for BrainHealth, The University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 19:508-17. 2013..01). For long-term consequences, the relations to the posterior cingulate, superior medial frontal, and precentral regions, and to a lesser extent, the middle temporal region, were stronger for the TBI group (p < .01)...
- Self-regulation abilities in children with severe traumatic brain injury: a preliminary investigation of naturalistic actionLori G Cook
Center for BrainHealth, School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences, The University of Texas at Dallas, TX 75235, USA
NeuroRehabilitation 23:467-75. 2008..They may instead exhibit a bias towards a bottom-up approach, depending primarily on environmental cues such as the objects present to guide their actions, thus impeding self-regulation abilities...
- Impaired discourse gist and working memory in children after brain injurySandra B Chapman
Center for BrainHealth, Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Technology, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Brain Lang 97:178-88. 2006..Interestingly, working memory, but not simple immediate memory for a word list, was significantly correlated with summarization ability and ability to recall discourse content...
- Language impairments in traumatic brain injury: a window into complex cognitive performanceAsha K Vas
Center for Brain Health, University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, TX, USA
Handb Clin Neurol 128:497-510. 2015..The concluding section offers promising directions for future research and clinical management based on new discoveries of higher-order language impairments and their modifiability in TBI populations. ..
- Higher-order reasoning training years after traumatic brain injury in adultsAsha K Vas
Center for BrainHealth, The University of Texas at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 26:224-39. 2011....