Norman A Constantine
Affiliation: University of California
- Short-term effects of a rights-based sexuality education curriculum for high-school students: a cluster-randomized trialNorman A Constantine
Center for Research on Adolescent Health and Development, Public Health Institute, 555 12th Street, 10th Floor, 94607, Oakland, CA, USA
BMC Public Health 15:293. 2015..S. has not previously been published. This paper evaluates the immediate effects of the Sexuality Education Initiative (SEI) on hypothesized psychosocial determinants of sexual behavior...
- Smoking cessation, maintenance, and relapse experiences among pregnant and postpartum adolescents: a qualitative analysisNorman A Constantine
Center for Research on Adolescent Health and Development, Public Health Institute, Oakland, California School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California Electronic address
J Adolesc Health 55:216-21. 2014..To understand the experiences and processes of smoking cessation, maintenance, and relapse for pregnant and postpartum adolescents, whose perspectives and needs might be different from other age groups...
- Acceptance of human papillomavirus vaccination among Californian parents of daughters: a representative statewide analysisNorman A Constantine
Center for Research on Adolescent Health and Development, Public Health Institute, Oakland, California 94607, USA
J Adolesc Health 40:108-15. 2007..The ultimate goal of this research is to inform policy decisions and educational planning in this area...
- California parents' preferences and beliefs regarding school-based sex education policyNorman A Constantine
Center for Research on Adolescent Health and Development, Public Health Institute, Oakland, CA, and University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 39:167-75. 2007..Although parents are key stakeholders in the outcomes of these debates, their views have been less thoroughly considered...
- Demographic and psychological predictors of parent-adolescent communication about sex: a representative statewide analysisPetra Jerman
Center for Research on Adolescent Health and Development, Public Health Institute, Oakland, CA, USA
J Youth Adolesc 39:1164-74. 2010....
- Source of Sex Information and Condom Use Intention Among Latino AdolescentsJillian S Eversole
University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Health Educ Behav . 2016..Alternatively, interventions targeting parents or other family members to improve sexual health communication with adolescent boys may prove essential...
- A rights-based approach to sexuality education: conceptualization, clarification and challengesNancy F Berglas
Center for Research on Adolescent Health and Development, Public Health Institute, Oakland
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 46:63-72. 2014..Differences in the assumed meaning of a rights-based approach can limit discussions of its implementation and evaluation, and impede opportunities to explore and critique a new model for sexuality education...
- Factors associated with contraceptive use in AngolaMartha Decker
Philip R Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Afr J Reprod Health 15:68-77. 2011..Internally displaced women often described difficulty paying for services, lack of nearby services, and limited knowledge of methods as barriers to use...
- Factors associated with parent support for condom education and availabilityBrett Augsjoost
1Public Health Institute, Oakland, CA, USA
Health Educ Behav 41:207-15. 2014..These findings suggest that parent education related to condom effectiveness could help increase support for school-based CEA programs. ..
- Promoting prenatal and early childhood health: evaluation of a statewide materials-based intervention for parentsLinda Neuhauser
Community Health and Human Development, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Am J Public Health 97:1813-9. 2007..We evaluated the effectiveness of the Kit for New Parents, a multimedia health and parenting resource now distributed annually to 500000 parents in California...
- Converging evidence leaves policy behind: sex education in the United StatesNorman A Constantine
J Adolesc Health 42:324-6. 2008
- California adolescent's use of family planning servicesNorman A Constantine
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 36:288; author reply 289. 2004
- Changes in sexual behaviors among high school studentsNorman A Constantine
J Adolesc Health 35:430; author reply 431. 2004