Clare C Constantine
Affiliation: University of California
- SNP selection for genes of iron metabolism in a study of genetic modifiers of hemochromatosisClare C Constantine
The Centre for Molecular, Environmental, Genetic and Analytic MEGA Epidemiology, School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Med Genet 9:18. 2008..We report our experience of selecting tag SNPs in 35 genes involved in iron metabolism in a cohort study seeking to discover genetic modifiers of hereditary hemochromatosis...
- HFE Cys282Tyr homozygotes with serum ferritin concentrations below 1000 microg/L are at low risk of hemochromatosisKatrina J Allen
Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Hepatology 52:925-33. 2010..22) and for normal SF was 6% (arthritis medicine use, 95% confidence interval = -3%, 16%; P = 0.11)...
- HFE C282Y homozygotes are at increased risk of breast and colorectal cancerNicholas J Osborne
Gut and Liver, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Hepatology 51:1311-8. 2010..43, 2.15; P = 0.92). C282Y/H63D compound heterozygotes were not at increased risk for colorectal cancer (HR = 1.27; 95% CI = 0.80, 2.01), breast cancer (HR = 1.16; 95% CI = 0.74, 1.84), or prostate cancer (HR = 1.08; 95% CI = 0.68, 1.70)...
- A novel association between a SNP in CYBRD1 and serum ferritin levels in a cohort study of HFE hereditary haemochromatosisClare C Constantine
Centre for MEGA Epidemiology, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Victoria, Australia
Br J Haematol 147:140-9. 2009..004). This putative genetic modifier of iron overload expression accounts for 11% (95% CI 0.4%, 22.6%) of the variance in serum ferritin levels of C282Y homozygotes...
- The natural history of serum iron indices for HFE C282Y homozygosity associated with hereditary hemochromatosisLyle C Gurrin
Centre for MEGA Epidemiology, School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Gastroenterology 135:1945-52. 2008..We characterized the development of elevated iron measures in C282Y homozygotes followed for 12 years...
- A comparison of self-reported and record-linked blood donation history in an Australian cohortNadine A Bertalli
Centre for MEGA Epidemiology, School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Australia
Transfusion 51:2189-98. 2011..This study aimed to retrieve electronic records from a national blood donation service and link them to self-reported history of donation to assess agreement between the two sources...
- Iron-overload-related disease in HFE hereditary hemochromatosisKatrina J Allen
Murdoch Children s Research Institute, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
N Engl J Med 358:221-30. 2008..Diseases related to iron overload develop in some C282Y homozygotes, but the extent of the risk is controversial...
- Genome-wide association study identifies genetic loci associated with iron deficiencyChristine E McLaren
Department of Epidemiology, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17390. 2011..2p14 and iron status outcomes. These results confirm a previously-described TF polymorphism and implicate one potential new locus as a target for gene identification...
- Importance and pitfalls of molecular analysis to parasite epidemiologyClare C Constantine
Western Australian Biomedical Research Institute, Division of Health Science, School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Murdoch University, South Street, Murdoch WA 6150, Australia
Trends Parasitol 19:346-8. 2003..All methods of analysis make assumptions which, if violated, make the results invalid. Some guidelines to avoid common pitfalls are offered here...