K J Conrad
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Development of a Money Mismanagement Measure and cross-validation due to suspected range restrictionKendon J Conrad
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 W Taylor Street, 60612 USA
J Appl Meas 7:206-24. 2006..The M3 produced a Rasch person reliability = .85 with good validity. The M3 fills a gap that can facilitate research in the understudied area of money mismanagement...
- Examining the Role of Substance Abuse in Elder Mistreatment: Results From Mistreatment InvestigationsKendon J Conrad
University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA Chestnut Health Systems, Normal, IL, USA
J Interpers Violence . 2016..Clarification of the role of perpetrator risk factors such as substance abuse should improve risk identification and subsequent intervention...
- A review of the foot function index and the foot function index - revisedElly Budiman-Mak
Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care, Staff Physician, Medical Service, Hines, VA Hospital, 5000 South 5th Ave, Hines, IL, 60141 3030, USA
J Foot Ankle Res 6:5. 2013..The purpose of this review was to assess the uses of FFI and FFI-R as were reported in medical and surgical literature and address the suggestions found in the literature to improve the metrics of FFI-R...
- Dimensionality, hierarchical structure, age generalizability, and criterion validity of the GAIN's Behavioral Complexity ScaleKendon J Conrad
University of Illinois at Chicago and Chestnut Health Systems, Normal, IL, USA
Psychol Assess 24:913-24. 2012..The finding of 3 low-severity conduct disorder items also supported a revision of categorical criteria, especially in substance use disorders...
- Reliability and validity of a modified Colorado Symptom Index in a national homeless sampleK J Conrad
Department of Veterans Affairs, Hines VA Hospital, IL, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 3:141-53. 2001..We conclude that the MC..
- Conceptual model and map of financial exploitation of older adultsKendon J Conrad
School of Public Health, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Elder Abuse Negl 23:304-25. 2011..The severity hierarchy may be used to develop measures that will enable more precise screening for triage of clients into appropriate interventions...
- Conceptual model and map of psychological abuse of older adultsKendon J Conrad
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612 4394, USA
J Elder Abuse Negl 23:147-68. 2011..The concept maps guided development of theoretical hierarchies. Significance. Theoretical models may help to develop measures to estimate prevalence better and may enable more precise screening for triage into appropriate interventions...
- Self-report measure of psychological abuse of older adultsKendon J Conrad
School of Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Administration, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago IL 60612 4394, USA
Gerontologist 51:354-66. 2011..This study tested key psychometric properties of the Older Adult Psychological Abuse Measure (OAPAM), one self-report scale of the Older Adult Mistreatment Assessment (OAMA)...
- Self-report measure of financial exploitation of older adultsKendon J Conrad
School of Public Health MC 923, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1603 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612 4394, USA
Gerontologist 50:758-73. 2010..this study was designed to improve the measurement of financial exploitation (FE) by testing psychometric properties of the older adult financial exploitation measure (OAFEM), a client self-report instrument...
- Validation of the Crime and Violence Scale (CVS) against the Rasch measurement model including differences by gender, race, and ageKendon J Conrad
University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Public Health, 1603 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Eval Rev 34:83-115. 2010..Differential item functioning (DIF) analysis revealed that crime seriousness varies by age and gender. IRT shows promise in assessing and adjusting for demographic variations in crime seriousness...
- Screening for atypical suicide risk with person fit statistics among people presenting to alcohol and other drug treatmentKendon J Conrad
University of Illinois at Chicago, School of Public Health, 1603 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612 4310, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 106:92-100. 2010..Symptoms of internalizing disorders (depression, anxiety, somatic, trauma) are the major risk factors for suicide. Atypical suicide risk is characterized by people with few or no symptoms of internalizing disorders...
- Substance use disorder symptoms: evidence of differential item functioning by ageKendon J Conrad
School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Appl Meas 8:373-87. 2007..These findings have theoretical implications for screening and treatment of adolescents vs. adults. SPS can be used across age groups though age-specific calibrations enable greater precision of measurement...
- Randomized trial of psychiatric care with representative payeeship for persons with serious mental illnessKendon J Conrad
University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health, 2035 West Taylor Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:197-204. 2006..This randomized clinical trial assessed whether a community-based representative payee program that was coordinated with psychiatric care from the Department of Veterans Affairs was more effective than customary treatment...
- Comparing traditional and Rasch analyses of the Mississippi PTSD Scale: revealing limitations of reverse-scored itemsKendon J Conrad
Midwest Center for Health Services and Policy Research, Hines VA Hospital, Hines, IL 60141, USA
J Appl Meas 5:15-30. 2004..The study supports the use of Rasch analysis over TST in health research since it indicated ways to reduce respondent burden while maintaining reliability and improving validity...
- Characteristics of persons with mental illness in a representative payee programK J Conrad
Department of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
Psychiatr Serv 49:1223-5. 1998....
- Relative precision, efficiency and construct validity of different starting and stopping rules for a computerized adaptive test: the GAIN substance problem scaleBarth B Riley
Department of Disability and Human Development, M C 626, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1640 W Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
J Appl Meas 8:48-64. 2007..clinical classification using correlations with five theoretically associated instruments. Results supported both CAT efficiency and validity...
- Measuring money mismanagement among dually diagnosed clientsRyan A Black
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 196:576-9. 2008..Results suggest that the interview is sensitive in detecting money mismanagement and raises questions concerning the validity of clinicians' judgments...
- International conference on objective measurement: applications of Rasch analysis in health careKendon J Conrad
Med Care 42:I1-6. 2004
- Representative payee programs for persons with mental illness in IllinoisPatricia Hanrahan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:190-4. 2002..The authors conducted a survey to assess the extent to which representative payee programs are provided by community mental health centers and the criteria used in enrolling clients in these services...
- International Conference on Outcomes MeasurementKendon Conrad; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, leaders in the area of health care policy will explore how these advances in measurement may change behavioral health care delivery, research, and policy. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..