R Thomas Collins
Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Impact of aortic aneurysm on hospitalizations in patients with marfan syndrome: a multi-institutional studyR Thomas Collins
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine, Little Rock, AR, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 36:132-9. 2015..Cardiothoracic surgeries are commonly performed in this cohort. Other cardiovascular diagnoses are more prevalent in patients with AA suggesting a more severe phenotype...
- Impact of anatomical subtype and medical comorbidities on hospitalizations in adults with single ventricle congenital heart diseaseR Thomas Collins
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Pediatrics, Little Rock, AR, USA The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Internal Medicine, Little Rock, AR, USA Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 168:4596-601. 2013..Most patients with single ventricle congenital heart disease (SV) are now expected to survive to adulthood. Medical comorbidities are common in SV...
- Relation of ventricular ectopic complexes to QTc interval on ambulatory electrocardiograms in Williams syndromeR Thomas Collins
Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Am J Cardiol 109:1671-6. 2012..The type of ventricular ectopic complexes suggested an alternate etiology of the QTc prolongation seen in WS from that seen in congenital long QT syndrome...
- Abnormalities of cardiac repolarization in Williams syndromeR Thomas Collins
Division of Cardiology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 106:1029-33. 2010..Presence of prolonged cardiac repolarization may contribute to the high incidence of periprocedural mortality in these patients. All patients with WS should be screened for cardiac repolarization abnormalities, especially before surgery...
- Conjoined hearts in thoracopagus twinsR Thomas Collins
Division of Cardiology, Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 33:252-7. 2012..Surgical nonintervention and palliative care should be strongly considered for these patients...
- Aortic dilation in pediatric patientsYuri A Zarate
Section of Genetics and Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Eur J Pediatr 174:1585-92. 2015..Patients with Marfan syndrome were more likely to have severe dilation of the ascending aorta (p = 0.002) and to require aortic root replacement surgery (p < 0.001) compared to those in other diagnosis categories...
- Ventricular Hypertrophy on Electrocardiogram Correlates with Obstructive Lesion Severity in Williams SyndromeVenusa Phomakay
Department of Pediatrics, Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, Ark
Congenit Heart Dis 10:302-9. 2015..Cardiovascular abnormalities are present in 80% of WS patients. The present study sought to characterize fully the electrocardiographic findings in WS and correlate findings with anatomic pathology...
- Aortic dilation, genetic testing, and associated diagnosesYuri A Zarate
Section of Genetics and Metabolism, Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
Genet Med 18:356-63. 2016..The aims of this study were to determine the genetic diagnoses most frequently associated with aortic dilation in a large population and to describe the results of genetic testing in the same...
- Hospital utilization in adults with single ventricle congenital heart disease and cardiac arrhythmiasR Thomas Collins
Departments of Pediatrics Internal Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 25:179-86. 2014..The study sought to identify the impact of cardiac arrhythmias on hospitalizations in adults with single ventricle (SV) congenital heart disease (CHD)...
- Comparison of electrocardiographic QTc duration in patients with supravalvar aortic stenosis with versus without Williams syndromeHollyn M McCarty
Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, AR, USA
Am J Cardiol 111:1501-4. 2013..Elastin haploinsufficiency does not appear to be the etiology of QTc prolongation in patients with WS. The possible contribution of other genes on 7q11.23 to QTc prolongation in WS should be investigated...
- β-Blockers and angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors: comparison of effects on aortic growth in pediatric patients with Marfan syndromeVenusa Phomakay
Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, AR The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR
J Pediatr 165:951-5. 2014..Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI) have been shown to decrease aortic growth velocity (AGV) in Marfan syndrome (MFS). We sought to compare the effect of β-blockers and ACEI on AGV in MFS...
- Cardiac diagnoses, procedures, and healthcare utilisation in inpatients with Ellis-van Creveld syndromeMatthew J O'Connor
1Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology Division, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, Arkansas, United States of America
Cardiol Young 25:95-101. 2015..Prior reports have suggested increased morbidity and mortality following surgery for congenital malformations of the heart in patients with Ellis-van Creveld syndrome...
- Severe neonatal presentation of Kleefstra syndrome in a patient with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and 9q34.3 microdeletionCandace L Campbell
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Department of Pediatrics, Little Rock, Arkansas University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Division of Cardiology, Little Rock, Arkansas
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 100:985-90. 2014..3 or intragenic mutations. Patients with Kleefstra syndrome have multisystem involvement including intellectual disability, hypotonia, and characteristic facial features...
- Cardiovascular and genitourinary anomalies in patients with duplications within the Williams syndrome critical region: phenotypic expansion and review of the literatureYuri A Zarate
Division of Genetics, Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock, Arkansas
Am J Med Genet A 164:1998-2002. 2014..23 duplications. Further, this cytogenetic abnormality should be part of the differential diagnosis for patients with aortic dilation, as well as those with unilateral renal and gonadal agenesis...