Affiliation: University of California
- "Minding the gap": imagination, creativity and human cognitionEtienne Pelaprat
Laboratory of Comparative Human Cognition, Department of Communication, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, USA
Integr Psychol Behav Sci 45:397-418. 2011..Applying our arguments to contemporary digital media, we argue that a cultural-historical approach to image formation is important for understanding how imagination and creativity are distinct, yet inter-penetrating processes...
- Differences and deficits in psychological research in historical perspective: a commentary on the special sectionMichael Cole
Laboratory of Comparative Human Cognition, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Dev Psychol 49:84-91. 2013..The challenges of assessing diagnoses of deficit and the potential harms that result when misdiagnosis is implemented as social policy pervade the discussion over time...
- Phylogeny and cultural history in ontogenyMichael Cole
Laboratory of Comparative Human Cognition, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0092, United States
J Physiol Paris 101:236-46. 2007....
- Education as an intergenerational process of human learning, teaching, and developmentMichael Cole
Laboratory of Comparative Human Cognition, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0506, USA
Am Psychol 65:796-807. 2010....
- Cognitive control in closed head injury: context maintenance dysfunction or prepotent response inhibition deficit?Paul J Seignourel
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Neuropsychology 19:578-90. 2005..Thus, context maintenance could be a useful framework for characterizing cognitive control deficits in CHI...