Lisa H Colbert
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Exercise effects on tumorigenesis in a p53-deficient mouse model of breast cancerLisa H Colbert
University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 41:1597-605. 2009..We examined treadmill and wheel running effects on mammary tumorigenesis and biomarkers in p53-deficient (p53(+/-)):MMTV-Wnt-1 transgenic mice...
- Physical activity during pregnancy and age at menarche of the daughterLisa H Colbert
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2656-62. 2008..1 (95% confidence interval, 0.4-5.9) months later than those who were highly inactive in both. Physical activity during pregnancy may be associated with a modest delay in menarcheal age in offspring...
- Comparative validity of physical activity measures in older adultsLisa H Colbert
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:867-76. 2011..To compare the validity of various physical activity measures with doubly labeled water (DLW)-measured physical activity energy expenditure (PAEE) in free-living older adults...
- Negative energy balance induced by voluntary wheel running inhibits polyp development in APCMin miceLisa H Colbert
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:2103-7. 2006..Although EX affected IGF-1 and corticosterone, neither marker was related to total polyp number...
- Physical activity, exercise, and inflammatory markers in older adults: findings from the Health, Aging and Body Composition StudyLisa H Colbert
Laboratory of Epidemiology, Demography, and Biometry, National Institute on Aging, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1098-104. 2004..To examine the association between physical activity and inflammatory markers, with consideration for body fatness and antioxidant use...
- Calorie restriction and diet composition modulate spontaneous intestinal tumorigenesis in Apc(Min) mice through different mechanismsVolker Mai
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7105, USA
Cancer Res 63:1752-5. 2003..We conclude that dietary interventions can partially offset genetic susceptibility to intestinal carcinogenesis...
- Exercise and intestinal polyp development in APCMin miceLisa H Colbert
National Institute on Aging NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:1662-9. 2003..The present study was designed to further explore the potential exercise x sex interaction on polyp development and to begin to look at potential mechanisms...
- Physical activity and risk of ovarian cancer: a prospective cohort study in the United StatesLindsay M Hannan
Nutritional Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services, 6120 Executive Boulevard, EPS MSC 7232, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:765-70. 2004..13). In this prospective cohort study among U.S. women, we found no overall significant association between physical activity and risk of ovarian cancer, although the results are suggestive of an inverse association...
- Dose-response relationships between physical activity, social participation, and health-related quality of life in colorectal cancer survivorsKeith M Thraen-Borowski
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2000 Observatory Drive, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Cancer Surviv 7:369-78. 2013..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationships between physical activity (PA), social participation, and health-related quality of life (HQOL) in older, long-term colorectal cancer survivors...
- Diabetes, hyperglycemia, and inflammation in older individuals: the health, aging and body composition studyNathalie de Rekeneire
Laboratory of Epidemiology, National Institute on Aging, Bethesda, MD 20892 9205, USA
Diabetes Care 29:1902-8. 2006..The objective of this study was to assess the association of inflammation with hyperglycemia (impaired fasting glucose [IFG]/impaired glucose tolerance [IGT]) and diabetes in older individuals...
- Physical activity and risk of endometrial cancer in a prospective cohort study (United States)Lisa H Colbert
Laboratory of Epidemiology, Demography and Biometry, National Institute on Aging, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Causes Control 14:559-67. 2003..To examine the physical activity and endometrial cancer relationship in a prospective study of US women enrolled in the Breast Cancer Detection Demonstration Project (BCDDP) Follow-up Study...
- Sedentary behavior, physical activity, and markers of health in older adultsKeith P Gennuso
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706 1121, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:1493-500. 2013..The purpose of this study was to examine the association between sedentary behavior (SB), cardiometabolic risk factors, and self-reported physical function by level of moderate-vigorous physical activity (MVPA)...
- Daily activity energy expenditure and mortality among older adultsTodd M Manini
National Institute on Aging, Laboratory of Epidemiology, Demography and Biometry, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
JAMA 296:171-9. 2006..Exercise is associated with mortality benefits but simply expending energy through any activity in an individual's free-living environment may confer survival advantages...
- Intensity of physical activity in the energy expenditure of older adultsLisa H Colbert
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
J Aging Phys Act 22:571-7. 2014..7 [7.4-50.0, 95% CI]), p = .01) were strongly associated with PAI, suggesting that both light and mod/vig intensity activities are major determinants of their physical activity energy expenditure. ..
- Physical activity and cancer prevention : pathways and targets for interventionConnie J Rogers
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Sports Med 38:271-96. 2008....
- Patterns of sedentary behavior and physical function in older adultsKeith P Gennuso
University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, 575C Warf Office Building, 610 Walnut St, Madison, 53726, USA
Aging Clin Exp Res 28:943-50. 2016....
- Dose-response relationships between sedentary behaviour and the metabolic syndrome and its componentsKeith P Gennuso
University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, 575C Warf Office Building, 610 Walnut St, Madison, WI, 53726, USA
Diabetologia 58:485-92. 2015..The aim of this study was to examine the relationship among sedentary behaviour (SB) and the metabolic syndrome and its components by age, moderate-to-vigorous physical activity (MVPA) and sex...
- Smokers' physical activity and weight gain one year after a successful versus unsuccessful quit attemptKeith P Gennuso
Department of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, 507A Warf Office Building, 610 Walnut St, Madison, WI 53726, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 67:189-92. 2014..To examine whether smokers' physical activity is related to weight change following a quit attempt...
- Physical activity is related to pain sensitivity in healthy womenLaura D Ellingson
Department of Kinesiology, School of Education, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:1401-6. 2012..There are many benefits associated with meeting current physical activity recommendations. At present, it is unknown whether a reduced sensitivity to pain is included among these benefits...
- Adenomatous polyp recurrence and physical activity in the Polyp Prevention Trial (United States)Lisa H Colbert
National Institute on Aging, Bethesda, MD, USA
Cancer Causes Control 13:445-53. 2002..To examine prospectively the association between physical activity and adenomatous polyp recurrence...
- Reliability and Validity of 2 Self-Report Measures to Assess Sedentary Behavior in Older AdultsKeith P Gennuso
Dept of Population Health Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI
J Phys Act Health 12:727-32. 2015..The purpose of this study was to examine the reliability and validity of 2 currently available physical activity surveys for assessing time spent in sedentary behavior (SB) in older adults...
- Ambulatory activity associations with cardiovascular and metabolic risk factors in smokersBrad R Julius
Dept of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
J Phys Act Health 8:994-1003. 2011..We examined the association between ambulatory activity and biological markers of health in smokers...
- Physical activity and function in older, long-term colorectal cancer survivorsBrent L Johnson
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin, 2000 Observatory Dr, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Cancer Causes Control 20:775-84. 2009..Since physical activity has been shown to ameliorate age-related functional declines, we evaluated the association between physical activity and function in older, long-term colorectal cancer survivors...
- Are women with fibromyalgia less physically active than healthy women?Michael J McLoughlin
Department of Kinesiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:905-12. 2011..Secondary purposes were to compare self-reported and objective measurement of physical activity and to evaluate the relationship between physical activity and pain and mood...
- Physical activity and lung cancer risk in male smokersLisa H Colbert
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 98:770-3. 2002..There may, however, be some modest risk reduction associated with leisure activity among younger smokers. Published 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Intestinal microbiota: a potential diet-responsive prevention target in ApcMin miceVolker Mai
Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, The University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1192, USA
Mol Carcinog 46:42-8. 2007..Thus, these bacteria may be an indicator of intestinal conditions associated with reduced intestinal carcinogenesis in Apc(Min) mice...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1Lisa H Colbert
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1962-3. 2004
- Circulating levels of inflammatory markers and cancer risk in the health aging and body composition cohortDora Il'yasova
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2413-8. 2005..This study examined the relationships between circulating levels of the inflammatory markers interleukin-6 (IL-6), C-reactive protein (CRP), and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) and total as well as site-specific cancer incidence...
- Influence of marital status on physical activity levels among older adultsKelley K Pettee
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:541-6. 2006....
- Estrogen replacement, muscle composition, and physical function: The Health ABC StudyDennis R Taaffe
School of Human Movement Studies, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:1741-7. 2005..Therefore, the purpose of this study was to determine whether estrogen use is associated with enhanced muscle composition and, if so, whether this translates into improved strength and physical function...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion genotype, exercise, and physical declineStephen B Kritchevsky
The Sticht Center on Aging and Center for Human Genomics, Department of Internal Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
JAMA 294:691-8. 2005....
- Association between infant birth weight and maternal cardiovascular risk factors in the health, aging, and body composition studyJanet M Catov
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Ann Epidemiol 17:36-43. 2007....
- Association of high coronary heart disease risk status with circulating oxidized LDL in the well-functioning elderly: findings from the Health, Aging, and Body Composition studyPaul Holvoet
Center for Experimental Surgery and Anesthesiology, Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1444-8. 2003..Therefore, we studied the association between high, predicted CHD risk and oxLDL in the Health ABC cohort...
- Energy balance and carcinogenesis: underlying pathways and targets for interventionStephen D Hursting
Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 7:484-91. 2007..The ultimate goal of this work is to provide the missing mechanistic information necessary to identify targets for the prevention and control of cancers related to or caused by excess body weight...
- Physical Activity Measurement in Older AdultsLisa Colbert; Fiscal Year: 2007..This methodology can then be incorporated into future studies examining the associations between doses of physical activity and various health outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable]..