DEBORAH LEE COHAN
Affiliation: University of California
- Maternal nutritional status predicts adverse birth outcomes among HIV-infected rural Ugandan women receiving combination antiretroviral therapySera Young
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e41934. 2012..We therefore examined the relationship between maternal BMI at study enrollment, gestational weight gain (GWG), and hemoglobin concentration (Hb) among 166 women initiating cART in rural Uganda...
- Placental malaria among HIV-infected and uninfected women receiving anti-folates in a high transmission area of UgandaPatrick M Newman
School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94131, USA
Malar J 8:254. 2009..TS decreases the risk of malaria in HIV-infected adults and children but has not been evaluated among pregnant women...
- Sex worker health: San Francisco styleD Cohan
UCSF, 1001 Potrero Avenue, Ward 6D San Francisco General Hospital Department of Obstetrics Gynecology San Francisco, CA 94110 USA
Sex Transm Infect 82:418-22. 2006..To describe the characteristics of sex workers accessing care at a peer based clinic in San Francisco and to evaluate predictors of sexually transmitted infections (STI)...
- Patient perspectives with abbreviated versus standard pre-test HIV counseling in the prenatal setting: a randomized-controlled, non-inferiority trialDeborah Cohan
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5166. 2009..Previous studies have found increased uptake of prenatal HIV testing with abbreviated pre-test counseling, however little is known about patient decision making, testing satisfaction and knowledge in this setting...
- Ethnographic Study of an HIV Risk PopulationDeborah Cohan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dr. Cohan has assembled a multidisciplinary team spanning the fields of epidemiology, psychology, and medical anthropology to ensure success of this project. ..