Maren J Coffman
Affiliation: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- A health education pilot for Latina women with diabetesMaren J Coffman
School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223 0001, USA
Clin Nurs Res 22:70-81. 2013..Interventions for this population should use plain language, tools that are easy to use, and strategies that encourage behavioral change...
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars Program: an opportunity for junior nurse facultyMaren J Coffman
UNC Charlotte, School of Nursing, Charlotte, NC, USA
Nurs Outlook 61:25-30. 2013..Finally, the authors provide an analysis of funded institutions, research design and methods from current and recently funded projects, and rank and positions held by nursing mentors...
- Diabetes symptoms, health literacy, and health care use in adult Latinos with diabetes risk factorsMaren J Coffman
University of North Carolina at Charlotte School of Nursing, 9201 University City Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28223 0001, USA
J Cult Divers 19:4-9. 2012....
- Effects of tangible social support and depression on diabetes self-efficacyMaren J Coffman
School of Nursing, College of Health and Human Services, University of North Carolina Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223 0001, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 34:32-9. 2008..Variables associated with diabetes self-efficacy included tangible support and education. Understanding the relationship between diabetes tangible support, depression, and diabetes self-efficacy will help nurses adapt their care...
- Self-prescription practices in recent Latino immigrantsMaren J Coffman
School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina 28223 0001, USA
Public Health Nurs 25:203-11. 2008..The purpose of this study, therefore, was to explore how Latino immigrants obtain and use prescription medications without accessing the formal health care system...
- Cultural caring in nursing practice: a meta-synthesis of qualitative researchMaren J Coffman
University of North Carolina Charlotte School of Nursing, USA
J Cult Divers 11:100-9. 2004..The themes include: (a) connecting with the client, (b) cultural discovery, (c) the patient in context, (d) in their world, not mine, (e) road blocks, and (f) the cultural lens...
- A trans-disciplinary approach to the evaluation of social determinants of health in a Hispanic populationMichael F Dulin
Department of Family Medicine, Carolinas HealthCare System, 2001 Vail Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28207, USA
BMC Public Health 12:769. 2012..The goal of this research is to develop innovative and replicable strategies to improve community health in disadvantaged communities such as newly arrived Hispanic immigrants...
- An integrative review of American nurses' perceived cultural self-efficacyMaren J Coffman
Saint Joseph College, West Hartford, CT, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 36:180-5. 2004..To review use of the Cultural Self-Efficacy Scale (CSES) and to summarize the cumulative findings...