Janet M Coffman
Affiliation: University of California
- Electronic health record availability among advanced practice registered nurses and physiciansJanet M Coffman
3333 California St, Ste 265, San Francisco, CA 94118 E mail
Am J Manag Care 20:eSP31-8. 2014..Future studies should assess whether Medicaid and Medicare incentive payments attenuate these relationships. ..
- Effects of asthma education on children's use of acute care services: a meta-analysisJanet M Coffman
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, 3333 California St, Suite 265, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Pediatrics 121:575-86. 2008..We conducted a meta-analysis to estimate the effects of pediatric asthma education on hospitalizations, emergency department visits, and urgent physician visits for asthma...
- Do school-based asthma education programs improve self-management and health outcomes?Janet M Coffman
Philip R Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies and Department of bFamily and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94118, USA
Pediatrics 124:729-42. 2009..Asthma self-management education is critical for high-quality asthma care for children. A number of studies have assessed the effectiveness of providing asthma education in schools to augment education provided by primary care providers...
- Translating medical effectiveness research into policy: lessons from the California Health Benefits Review ProgramJanet M Coffman
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Milbank Q 87:863-902. 2009..This program, based at the University of California, analyzes the medical effectiveness of health insurance benefit mandate bills for the California legislature, as well as their impact on cost and public health...
- Recent developments in asthma educationMichael D Cabana
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 11:132-6. 2011..Although the benefits and importance of asthma patient education are well documented, there are still many open questions regarding how to best provide asthma education. The following review highlights recent developments in this topic...
- Do physicians always flee from HMOs? New results using dynamic panel estimation methodsTimothy T Brown
Nicholas C Petris Center on Health Care Markets and Consumer Welfare, University of California, Berkeley, CA 945720 7360, USA
Health Serv Res 41:357-73. 2006..S. average are taken into account...
- Minimum nurse-to-patient ratios in acute care hospitals in CaliforniaJanet M Coffman
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 21:53-64. 2002..Policymakers elsewhere should consider other strategies to address nurses' concerns, because other approaches may be less costly and produce greater benefits to nurses and patients...