E H Coe
Affiliation: University of Missouri
- A BAC pooling strategy combined with PCR-based screenings in a large, highly repetitive genome enables integration of the maize genetic and physical mapsYoung Sun Yim
Division of Plant Sciences, University of Missouri, 1 31 Agriculture, Columbia, MO, USA
BMC Genomics 8:47. 2007..Finally, they validate assemblies based solely on BAC fingerprints. We employed a six-dimensional BAC pooling strategy in combination with a high-throughput PCR-based screening method to anchor the maize genetic and physical maps...
- The origins of maize geneticsE H Coe
US Department of Agriculture USDA Agriculture Research Service at the Department of Agronomy, University of Missouri at Columbia, 202 Curtis Hall, Columbia, Missouri 65211 7020, USA
Nat Rev Genet 2:898-905. 2001..Part of the allure of this unique crop plant lies in the collegiality of the Maize Genetics Cooperation, extending all the way from the 'roaring twenties' of genetics to today...
- Proof of physical exchange of genes on the chromosomesEdward Coe
Agricultural Research Service U S Department of Agriculture, Plant Genetics Research Unit, and Plant Sciences Unit, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6641-6. 2005..Here, we review the data surrounding the Creighton and McClintock paper and provide a perspective on the significance of their findings...
- Salmon silk genes contribute to the elucidation of the flavone pathway in maize (Zea mays L.)M D McMullen
Plant Genetics Research Unit, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Hered 95:225-33. 2004..The order of intermediates in the late steps of maysin synthesis was established as luteolin --> isoorientin --> rhamnosylisoorientin --> maysin...
- Access to the maize genome: an integrated physical and genetic mapEdward Coe
Department of Agronomy, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Plant Physiol 128:9-12. 2002
- The biological basis of epistasis between quantitative trait loci for flavone and 3-deoxyanthocyanin synthesis in maize (Zea mays L.)M D McMullen
Plant Genetics Research Unit, US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Genome 44:667-76. 2001..0001). Our results demonstrate that altering the flux of biochemical intermediates between pathways may be the biological basis of major QTL effects and epistatic interactions...