Affiliation: University of California
- Is it mild obstructive sleep apnea?David Claman
UCSF Sleep Disorders Center Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:89-91. 2006
- Prevalence and correlates of periodic limb movements in older womenDavid M Claman
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:438-45. 2006..However, no large polysomnographic study has closely examined the relationship of PLMS to sleep architecture and arousals from sleep. We investigated the prevalence and correlates of PLMS in a community-based sample of older women...
- Actigraphy-measured sleep characteristics and risk of falls in older womenKatie L Stone
Research Institute, California Pacific Medical Center, 185 Berry St, Lobby 4, Fifth Floor, Ste 5700, San Francisco, CA 94107 1762, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1768-75. 2008..However, no previous study, to our knowledge, has tested the independent associations of objectively estimated characteristics of sleep and risk of falls, accounting for the use of commonly prescribed treatments for insomnia...
- Behavioral correlates of sleep-disordered breathing in older womenEric J Kezirian
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Sleep 30:1181-8. 2007....
- Behavioral correlates of sleep-disordered breathing in older menEric J Kezirian
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Sleep 32:253-61. 2009....
- Obstructive sleep apnea: a risk factor for work disabilityTheodore A Omachi
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0111, USA
Sleep 32:791-8. 2009..To examine obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) as a risk factor for work disability...
- HIV infection is associated with diffusing capacity impairment in womenMeghan E Fitzpatrick
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, CA Departments of Medicine Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA and Department of Immunology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 64:284-8. 2013..Providers should be aware that DL(CO) impairment is common in HIV infection, and that either DL(CO) impairment or airflow obstruction may cause respiratory symptoms in this population...
- Hypothermia from prolonged immersion: biophysical parameters of a survivorThomas J Nuckton
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and the Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Emerg Med 22:371-4. 2002..0282 m(2)/L). We believe that the patient's large body habitus contributed to survival and that surface/volume ratio was likely the biophysical variable most closely associated with decreased cooling...
- Physical examination: Mallampati score as an independent predictor of obstructive sleep apneaThomas J Nuckton
The California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, San Francisco 94115 1821, USA
Sleep 29:903-8. 2006..Mallampati scoring of the orophyarynx is a simple noninvasive method used to assess the difficulty of endotracheal intubation, but its clinical usefulness has not been validated in patients with sleep-disordered breathing...