Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Rabies prophylaxis for pregnant womenMohamed E Abazeed
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1966-7. 2007
- Developing a fully online course for senior medical studentsChris Chapman
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Med Educ Online 16:. 2011..The paper discusses the development and components of the AMT course, a survey of fourth-year medical students who participated in the course between 2007 and 2010, and how the course evolved over three years...
- Differentiating inhalational anthrax from other influenza-like illnesses in the setting of a national or regional anthrax outbreakSandro K Cinti
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center Ann Arbor VA Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109 0378, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:674-6. 2004..The algorithm necessitates stays no longer than 24 hours in the emergency department or hospital...
- Medical marijuana in HIV-positive patients: what do we know?Sandro Cinti
Infectious Diseases, University of Michigan Hospital System VA Ann Arbor Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 8:342-6. 2009....
- Pandemic influenza: are we ready?Sandro Cinti
University of Michigan Hospitals Ann Arbor VA Medical Center, 48105, USA
Disaster Manag Response 3:61-7. 2005..This article will focus on distinguishing between an influenza epidemic and an influenza pandemic and, in light of these distinctions, how to manage the next pandemic with limited resources, particularly the absence of vaccine...
- Preparing for pandemic influenza: should hospitals stockpile oseltamivir?Sandro Cinti
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 26:852-4. 2005..We think that hospitals should consider stockpiling oseltamivir, and we provide a strategy for doing so at a reasonable cost...
- Bacterial pneumonias during an influenza pandemic: how will we allocate antibiotics?Sandro K Cinti
Infectious Diseases, University of Michigan Hospitals VA Ann Arbor Health Systems, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 7:311-6. 2009....
- Pandemic influenza and acute care centers: taking care of sick patients in a nonhospital settingSandro K Cinti
Infectious Diseases, University of Michigan Hospitals VA Ann Arbor Health Systems Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Biosecur Bioterror 6:335-48. 2008..This article summarizes our planning efforts and the lessons learned from 2 functional exercises over the past 3 years...
- Will first-responders show up for work during a pandemic? Lessons from a smallpox vaccination survey of paramedicsNiklas Mackler
Ann Arbor Hematology Associates PC, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Disaster Manag Response 5:45-8. 2007..Similar concerns existed in 2002 when the United States attempted to vaccinate first-responders against smallpox, a potential biologic weapon...
- Efficacy of surveillance for 2009 H1N1 pandemic within a healthcare systemSandro Cinti
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 32:811-4. 2011..Our data correlated well with national and regional data...
- Role of hospitalists in an offsite alternate care center (ACC) for pandemic fluChristopher S Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5376, USA
J Hosp Med 4:546-9. 2009..Hospitalists should work with their health system's administration in developing an ACC plan...
- Chest radiographic and CT findings in novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus (S-OIV) infectionPrachi P Agarwal
Department of Radiology, Division of Cardiothoracic Radiology, University of Michigan Health Service, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 193:1488-93. 2009..This article reviews the chest radiographic and CT findings in patients with presumed/laboratory-confirmed novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus (S-OIV) infection...
- Magnitude and duration of elevated gastric pH in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus after administration of chewable, dispersible, buffered didanosine tabletsDaryl D DePestel
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Pharmacotherapy 24:1539-45. 2004..0 (TpH>3), and area under the gastric pH versus time curve for pH greater than 3.0 (AUCT>pH 3)...
- Polyneuropathy associated with the diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndromeJessica R Golbus
1University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 11:223-6. 2012....
- Triage of mechanical ventilation for pediatric patients during a pandemicKristin M Kim
University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 6:131-7. 2012..Several published protocols address the need to triage patients for access to ventilator resources. However, to our knowledge, none of these has addressed the pediatric populations...
- Pandemic influenza planning in nursing homes: are we prepared?Lona Mody
Divisions of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1431-7. 2007..It highlights the need for collaborative planning and dialogue between nursing homes and various stakeholders already heavily invested in pandemic preparedness...
- Bacillus anthracis as an agent of bioterrorism: a review emphasizing surgical treatmentCharles E Binkley
Department of Surgery, Section of General Surgery, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Ann Surg 236:9-16. 2002..To familiarize surgeons with the specific complications of cutaneous, gastrointestinal, inhalation, and systemic infection with Bacillus Anthracis, which may require surgical treatment...
- Long-term immunologic and virologic responses in patients with highly resistant HIV infection who are treated with an incompletely suppressive antiretroviral regimenTejal Gandhi
University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5378, USA
Clin Infect Dis 45:1085-92. 2007..We performed a study to determine their long-term immunologic and virologic responses to ISR, to investigate risks for immunologic or virologic failure, and to examine for the occurrence of new drug-resistance mutations...
- Non-AIDS-defining cancers: should antiretroviral therapy be initiated earlier?Sandro K Cinti
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
AIDS Read 18:18-20, 26-32. 2008..Further large-scale, randomized, prospective studies on this question are warranted...
- HIV-infected patients with anal carcinoma who subsequently developed oral squamous cell carcinoma: report of 2 casesKrisda Chaiyachati
University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 7:306-10. 2008..Careful screening for oral cancers may be indicated in HIV-infected patients with HPV-associated anal cancer...