Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Sirolimus-eluting stent fractures leading to restenosis in cardiac allograft vasculopathyMehmet Cilingiroglu
Division of Cardiology, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 11:120-3. 2010..We report the case of a 77-year-old male who presented with restenosis secondary to DES stent fracture (SF) after treatment of CAV with sirolimus-eluting stents (SES)...
- In vivo evaluation of a biolimus eluting nickel titanium self expanding stent with overlapping balloon expandable drug eluting and bare metal stents in a porcine coronary modelMehmet Cilingiroglu
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Janey Briscoe Center for Cardiovascular Research, University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
EuroIntervention 4:534-41. 2009..These stents were compared to BxVelocity bare metal (BMS) stents in a porcine coronary stent-injury model...
- Impact of kissing balloon inflation on the main vessel stent volume, area, and symmetry after side-branch dilation in patients with coronary bifurcation lesions: a serial volumetric intravascular ultrasound studyShahid Rahman
Division of Cardiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 6:923-31. 2013....
- Safety and efficacy of drug eluting stents compared with bare metal stents for saphenous vein graft interventions: a comprehensive meta-analysis of randomized trials and observational studies comprising 7,994 patientsAbdul Hakeem
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45257 0542, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 77:343-55. 2011..Our objective is to determine the safety and efficacy of DES compared with BMS for SVG lesions by performing a meta-analysis of clinical trials and observational studies...
- Fibrinolytic therapy for very late stent thrombosis--is it a viable option?Abdul Hakeem
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45257 0542, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 11:264.e13-5. 2010..Our case reflects the potential utility of fibrinolytic therapy for STEMI due to very late ST. Systemic fibrinolysis should be considered for ST in the presence of ongoing significant ischemia and unavailability of prompt PCI...
- Hemodynamic and intravascular ultrasound assessment of myocardial bridging: fractional flow reserve paradox with dobutamine versus adenosineAbdul Hakeem
Division of Cardiology, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 75:229-36. 2010..In addition, we compared FFR measurements after adenosine versus dobutamine infusions for the hemodynamic assessment of MB in two patients...
- ST-elevation myocardial infarction due to a spontaneous thrombus in the left anterior descending artery in a young HIV-infected patientMehmet Cilingiroglu
University of Cincinnati Medical School, Section of Cardiology, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 39:308-11. 2011..This case highlights the association between immunosuppression with HAART, particularly protease inhibitors, and the development of accelerated atherosclerosis in patients with HIV infection...
- Long-term effects of novel biolimus eluting DEVAX AXXESS plus nitinol self-expanding stent in a porcine coronary modelMehmet Cilingiroglu
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:271-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the long-term effects of the DEVAX AXXESS biolimus eluting stent (BES) in a porcine coronary model, compared with those of bare metal stent (BMS) and polymer only stent (POS) controls...
- Spontaneous left main coronary artery dissection complicated by pseudoaneurysm formation in pregnancy: role of CT coronary angiographyShahid Rahman
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0542, USA
J Cardiothorac Surg 4:15. 2009..This case illustrates the utility of coronary artery CT imaging to assess the complexity and stability of coronary artery dissections, thereby helping to determine the need for, and timing of revascularization procedures...
- Drug-eluting stents and vulnerable plaqueMehmet Cilingiroglu
University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Curr Atheroscler Rep 11:146-8. 2009..This article reviews the available data for possible early treatment of mildly obstructive coronary lesions with drug-eluting stents for prevention of ACS...