Affiliation: University of California
- Participation in Training for Depression Care Quality Improvement: A Randomized Trial of Community Engagement or Technical SupportBowen Chung
Dr Chung is with the Department of Psychiatry, Harbor University of California, Los Angeles UCLA, Medical Center, and he is also with RAND Health, RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California, where Dr Ngo, Dr Wells, Dr Sherbourne, and Dr Miranda are also affiliated e mail Dr Wells and Dr Miranda are also with the Center for Health Services and Society, Department of Psychiatry, UCLA, where Mrs Pulido, Dr Johnson, and Dr Tang are also affiliated Dr Johnson is also with the U S Department of Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, where Dr Ong is affiliated Dr Ong is also with the Department of Medicine, UCLA Ms Jones is with Healthy African American Families II, Los Angeles Mr Gilmore is with Behavioral Health Services, Inc Ms Stoker Mtume is with Shields for Families, Los Angeles
Psychiatr Serv 66:831-9. 2015....
- Flexibility and structure may enhance implementation of family-focused therapy in community mental health settingsBowen Chung
Center for Health Services and Society, Semel Institute for Neuroscience, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California at Los Angeles, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300, Los Angeles, CA, 90024, USA
Community Ment Health J 50:787-91. 2014..Providers expressed preferences for structured EBPs like FFT that have both explicit implementation steps and built-in flexibility...
- Project overview of the Restoration Center Los Angeles: steps to wholeness--mind, body, and spiritBowen Chung
RAND Corporation, USA
Ethn Dis 21:S1-100-6. 2011....
- Story of Stone Soup: a recipe to improve health disparitiesBowen Chung
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, USA
Ethn Dis 20:S2-9-14. 2010....
- Talking Wellness: a description of a community-academic partnered project to engage an African-American community around depression through the use of poetry, film, and photographyBowen Chung
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, UCLA Health Services Research Center, CA 90024 6505, USA
Ethn Dis 16:S67-78. 2006..The project is described from the perspective of community members involved in the process...
- National recommendations for enhancing the conduct of ethical health research with human participants in post-disaster situationsBowen Chung
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ethn Dis 18:378-83. 2008....
- Using community arts events to enhance collective efficacy and community engagement to address depression in an African American communityBowen Chung
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Am J Public Health 99:237-44. 2009..We used community-partnered participatory research (CPPR) to measure collective efficacy and its role as a precursor of community engagement to improve depression care in the African American community of South Los Angeles...
- Using a community partnered participatory research approach to implement a randomized controlled trial: planning community partners in careBowen Chung
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA 90509, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:780-95. 2010....
- Community-partnered evaluation of depression services for clients of community-based agencies in under-resourced communities in Los AngelesJeanne Miranda
Department of Psychiatry, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:1279-87. 2013....
- Community-partnered cluster-randomized comparative effectiveness trial of community engagement and planning or resources for services to address depression disparitiesKenneth B Wells
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:1268-78. 2013..Little is known about effects on client outcomes of strategies to implement depression QI across diverse sectors...
- Building an academic-community partnered network for clinical services research: the Community Health Improvement Collaborative (CHIC)Kenneth B Wells
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California, USA
Ethn Dis 16:S3-17. 2006....
- Addressing unmet mental health and substance abuse needs: a partnered planning effort between grassroots community agencies, faith-based organizations, service providers, and academic institutionsEunice C Wong
RAND Corporation, 1776 Main Street, PO Box 2138 Santa Monica, CA 90407, USA
Ethn Dis 21:S1-107-13. 2011....
- Problem gambling knowledge and perceived community impact among Asian-Pacific Islanders and non Asian-Pacific IslandersTimothy Fong
UCLA Gambling Studies Program, David Geffen School of Medicine, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 12:173-8. 2010..Emerging data suggest that problem/pathological gambling may be highly prevalent among Asian-Pacific Islanders (APIs) and that can be a major concern to their communities...
- Sampling and Recruiting Community-Based Programs Using Community-Partnered Participation ResearchSusan E Stockdale
David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Health Promot Pract 17:254-64. 2016..This case study suggests that a CPPR process can improve implementation of a community-grounded, rigorous randomized comparative effectiveness trial. ..
- Comorbid depression and substance abuse among safety-net clients in Los Angeles: a community participatory studyEvelyn T Chang
Dr Chang is with the Department of General Internal Medicine, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles e mail Dr Wells, Dr Tang, and Dr Chung are with the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles UCLA Dr Wells and Dr Chung conducted this work in their roles with the RAND Corporation Mr Gilmore is with Behavioral Health Services, Inc, Los Angeles, California Dr Morgan is with the Division of General Internal Medicine, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles Ms Sanders is with The House of Uhuru, Los Angeles A summary of these findings was presented at a meeting of the California Hawaii Regional Society of General Internal Medicine, Los Angeles, February 2, 2013, and at a meeting of the AcademyHealth Behavioral Health Interest Group, Baltimore, June 22, 2013
Psychiatr Serv 66:285-94. 2015..This study examined characteristics and service use among depressed, low-income persons from minority groups in underresourced communities who did and did not have a substance abuse history...
- Faculty Participation in and Needs around Community Engagement within a Large Multiinstitutional Clinical and Translational Science AwardeeBowen Chung
Department of Psychiatry, Harbor UCLA Medical Center Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute, Torrance, California, USA
Clin Transl Sci 8:506-12. 2015..28, p < 0.001) faculty had greater interest in learning about community-engaged research than Whites. To build community-engaged faculty research capacity, CTSAs' may need to focus resources on female and minority faculty development. ..
- An implementation evaluation of the community engagement and planning intervention in the CPIC Depression Care Improvement TrialDmitry Khodyakov
THE RAND CORPORATION, 1776 Main Street, PO Box 2138, Santa Monica, CA, 90407 2138, USA
Community Ment Health J 50:312-24. 2014..To facilitate the development of collaborative relationships, time and effort should be devoted to explaining how collaboration among diverse agencies may take place. ..