Affiliation: University of California
- Correlates of leisure-time physical activity in Korean immigrant womenJiwon Choi
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
West J Nurs Res 30:620-38. 2008..Accommodating those with young children, enhancing environmental resource use, and improving exercise self-efficacy are important considerations for interventions aimed at increasing LTPA in Korean immigrant women...
- The effects of physical activity and physical activity plus diet interventions on body weight in overweight or obese women who are pregnant or in postpartum: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsJiwon Choi
University of California at San Francisco, Institute of Health and Aging, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Prev Med 56:351-64. 2013..To review the effectiveness of physical activity (PA) and PA plus diet interventions in managing weight among overweight or obese (OW/OB) pregnant or postpartum women...
- Physical activity, weight, and waist circumference in midlife womenJiwon Choi
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, 94118, USA
Health Care Women Int 33:1086-95. 2012..To maintain ideal weight and waist circumference, midlife women should be encouraged to increase physical activity before and during the menopausal transition...
- Acculturation and depressive symptoms in Korean immigrant womenJiwon Choi
School of Nursing, University of California at San Francisco, 2 Koret Way, N435A, Box 0606, San Francisco, CA 94143 0606, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 11:13-9. 2009..It is important to identify immigrants who do not relate to either their heritage culture or the new host culture and address their mental health risk issues...
- Body mass index in multiethnic midlife women: influence of demographic characteristics and physical activityJiwon Choi
School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0606, USA
Health Care Women Int 32:1079-87. 2011..Body mass index (BMI) may be influenced by socioeconomic status as well as ethnicity. Regular physical activity should be encouraged to maintain a healthy BMI in midlife women...
- Patterns of leisure time and non-leisure time physical activity of Korean immigrant womenJiwon Choi
School of Nursing, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0606, USA
Health Care Women Int 32:140-53. 2011..Health care providers who serve immigrants should assess physical activity level and demographic characteristics of the immigrants to enhance their physical activity...
- Gender differences in lay knowledge of type 2 diabetes symptoms among community-dwelling Caucasian, Latino, Filipino, and Korean adults - DiLH surveyYoshimi Fukuoka
Institute for Health and Aging Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, California Dr Fukuoka, Dr Bender, Dr Choi, Ms Gonzalez, Dr Arai
Diabetes Educ 40:778-85. 2014..The purpose of this study was to explore gender differences in lay knowledge of type 2 diabetes symptoms among community-dwelling Caucasian, Latino, Filipino, and Korean Americans...
- Randomized controlled trial lifestyle interventions for Asian Americans: a systematic reviewMelinda S Bender
University of California San Francisco, Institute for Health and Aging Department of Social and Behavioral Science, 3333 California St, Suite 340, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA Electronic address
Prev Med 67:171-81. 2014..A systematic review was conducted to analyze the characteristics and quality of lifestyle intervention literature promoting changes in physical activity (PA), diet, and/or weight management targeting Asian Americans...
- Environmental, policy, and cultural factors related to physical activity in urban, African American womenJoEllen Wilbur
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing, 845 South Damen, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Women Health 36:17-28. 2002..The findings will be used to inform the development of community-based exercise interventions and policies that are culturally and socially sensitive to the needs of low-income, urban African American women...