Genomes and Genes
S I Chiosea
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Subsets of salivary duct carcinoma defined by morphologic evidence of pleomorphic adenoma, PLAG1 or HMGA2 rearrangements, and common genetic alterationsSimion I Chiosea
Depatment of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Cancer 122:3136-3144. 2016....
- PIK3CA, HRAS and PTEN in human papillomavirus positive oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomaSimion I Chiosea
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
BMC Cancer 13:602. 2013..Mutations/amplification of the gene encoding p110α catalytic subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PIK3CA), loss of phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN) and HRAS mutations are known to activate PI3K pathway...
- Clinicopathological characterization of mammary analogue secretory carcinoma of salivary glandsSimion I Chiosea
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA Department of Pathology, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Histopathology 61:387-94. 2012..Mammary analogue secretory carcinoma (MASC) is a recently described tumour with ETV6 translocation. We aimed to characterize the clinical significance of recognizing MASC...
- Prospective testing of mucoepidermoid carcinoma for the MAML2 translocation: clinical implicationsSimion I Chiosea
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Laryngoscope 122:1690-4. 2012..Mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) with MAML2 translocation is believed to be associated with lower clinical stage, lower histologic grade, and better outcome. We summarized our prospective experience testing MEC for the MAML2 translocation...
- The profile of acinic cell carcinoma after recognition of mammary analog secretory carcinomaSimion I Chiosea
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 36:343-50. 2012..It appears that more than half of zymogen granule poor AciCCs are likely to represent MASC. Even after excluding cases of MASC, the presence of HGT in AciCC predicts poorer overall survival...
- Up-regulation of dicer, a component of the MicroRNA machinery, in prostate adenocarcinomaSimion Chiosea
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian, C920 1, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Pathol 169:1812-20. 2006..The presence of up-regulated microRNA machinery may predict the susceptibility of prostate adenocarcinoma to RNA interference-based therapy...
- EGFR fluorescence in situ hybridization-positive lung adenocarcinoma: incidence of coexisting KRAS and BRAF mutationsSimion Chiosea
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Hum Pathol 41:1053-60. 2010..Observations presented here indicate that the patient selection for EGFR-targeted therapies should include EGFR and KRAS mutational analysis, probably complemented by EGFR FISH studies...
- A novel complex BRAF mutation detected in a solid variant of papillary thyroid carcinomaSimion Chiosea
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 15261, USA
Endocr Pathol 20:122-6. 2009..This mutation was identified both in the preoperative fine needle aspirate sample and in the surgical specimen after total thyroidectomy. Other rare BRAF mutations in PTC are reviewed...
- Salivary type tumors seen in consultationSimion I Chiosea
Department of Pathology, Presbyterian Hospital, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PUH A616 2, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Virchows Arch 454:457-66. 2009..Pathologists' adherence to recommendations by Association of Directors of Anatomic and Surgical Pathology regarding consultation practice is described...
- Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of upper aerodigestive tract: clinicopathologic study of 78 cases with immunohistochemical analysis of Dicer expressionS I Chiosea
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Virchows Arch 452:629-35. 2008..Age and stage were independent predictors of poor DSS on multivariate analysis. Abnormal immunoexpression of Dicer in aggressive MEC suggests a role for miR and miR machinery in tumor progression...
- Overexpression of Dicer in precursor lesions of lung adenocarcinomaSimion Chiosea
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian, 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cancer Res 67:2345-50. 2007..The status of the endogenous miR machinery in various histologic subtypes and stages of lung cancer may help to predict the toxicity of and susceptibility to future RNA interference-based therapy...
- KRAS mutant allele-specific imbalance in lung adenocarcinomaSimion I Chiosea
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Presbyterian University Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Mod Pathol 24:1571-7. 2011..The detection of KRAS MASI in lung adenocarcinomas by sequencing electropherograms may identify patients with more aggressive disease...
- Mutant allele-specific imbalance modulates prognostic impact of KRAS mutations in colorectal adenocarcinoma and is associated with worse overall survivalD J Hartman
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Int J Cancer 131:1810-7. 2012..2, 95% CI: 1.2-3.9; p = 0.01). KRAS MASI arises through chromosome 12 hyperploidy or KRAS amplification and, when affects KRAS codon 13, is associated with worse overall survival...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor variant III mediates head and neck cancer cell invasion via STAT3 activationS E Wheeler
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Oncogene 29:5135-45. 2010..These results suggest that EGFRvIII mediates HNSCC cell migration and invasion by increased STAT3 activation and induction of HIF1-α, which contribute to cetuximab resistance in EGFRvIII-expressing HNSCC tumors...
- Diagnostic importance of 9p21 homozygous deletion in malignant mesotheliomasSimion Chiosea
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Presbyterian University Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Mod Pathol 21:742-7. 2008..A discrepancy between p16 protein expression and homozygous deletion suggests that other molecular mechanisms may play a role in p16 protein expression in mesothelial proliferations...
- The spatial targeting and nuclear matrix binding domains of SRm160Stefan Wagner
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3269-74. 2003..Sequences from the N-terminal domain localized proteins to the nuclear lamina near sites where mRNA leaves the nucleus...
- Inducible changes in cell size and attachment area due to expression of a mutant SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling enzymeDavid A Hill
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Cell Sci 117:5847-54. 2004..These findings demonstrate that gene expression pathways affected by chromatin remodeling enzymes can regulate the physical dimensions of mammalian cell morphology...
- In vitro FRAP reveals the ATP-dependent nuclear mobilization of the exon junction complex protein SRm160Stefan Wagner
Dept of Cell Biology, S7 214, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
J Cell Biol 164:843-50. 2004..In vitro fluorescence recovery after photobleaching is a powerful tool for identifying cofactors required for nuclear binding and mobility...