Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled safety study of high-dose dextromethorphan in methadone-maintained male inpatientsJames W Cornish
Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, University and Woodland Aves, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 67:177-83. 2002..Overall, DM was well-tolerated by the methadone-maintained opiate-dependent subjects studied here. These results support the further exploration of DM as an adjunct medication during methadone replacement therapy...
- Limbic activation to cigarette smoking cues independent of nicotine withdrawal: a perfusion fMRI studyTeresa R Franklin
Department of Psychiatry, Addiction Treatment Research Center, University of Pennsylvania, 3900 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:2301-9. 2007....
- Limbic activation during cue-induced cocaine cravingA R Childress
Addiction Treatment Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:11-8. 1999..Since signals for cocaine induce limbic brain activation in animals and cocaine craving in humans, the objective of this study was to test whether limbic activation occurs during cue-induced craving in humans...
- Telling truth from lie in individual subjects with fast event-related fMRIDaniel D Langleben
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Hum Brain Mapp 26:262-72. 2005..Salience of the task cues is a potential confounding factor in the fMRI pattern attributed to deception in forced choice deception paradigms...
- Priority actions to improve the care of persons with co-occurring substance abuse and other mental disorders: a call to actionCHARLES P O'BRIEN
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3900 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6178, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:703-13. 2004
- Retrospective study: influence of menstrual cycle on cue-induced cigarette cravingTeresa R Franklin
Addiction Treatment Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Veteran s Administration Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 6:171-5. 2004..05). The suppressed craving response in FFemales suggests an influence of cycle phase on cue-induced craving...
- Brain metabolic changes during cigarette cravingArthur L Brody
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, 300 UCLA Medical Plaza, Suite 2200, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:1162-72. 2002..The objective of this study was to determine changes in regional cerebral glucose metabolism and correlations between craving and regional metabolism in heavy cigarette smokers exposed to cigarette-related cues...
- Decreased gray matter concentration in the insular, orbitofrontal, cingulate, and temporal cortices of cocaine patientsTeresa R Franklin
Addiction Treatment Research Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania and Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6178, USA
Biol Psychiatry 51:134-42. 2002..To date, a focal structural analysis of the brains of cocaine patients has not been undertaken...
- Menstrual cycle phase at quit date predicts smoking status in an NRT treatment trial: a retrospective analysisTeresa R Franklin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6178, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 17:287-92. 2008..However, no experimental data have been published to support this claim. Our objective was to determine whether MC phase affected smoking status in premenopausal female smokers participating in a smoking cessation treatment trial...
- Prelude to passion: limbic activation by "unseen" drug and sexual cuesAnna Rose Childress
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1506. 2008..conscious recognition? Can the brain response to "unseen" reward cues predict the future affective response to recognizable versions of such cues, revealing a link between affective/motivational processes inside and outside awareness?..
- GABA B AGONISTS IN HUMAN COCAINE DEPENDENCEANNA CHILDRESS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Dependent variables in Study 2 will include drug use as measured by frequent urine toxicologies, ambient and cue-elicited craving. treatment retention, and standard measures of clinical function. ..
- Brain Blood Flow Imaging of Cocaine Withdrawal&CravingANNA CHILDRESS; Fiscal Year: 2004..Intentionally, we use manipulations with direct clinical relevance. The revealed substrates may well be relevant for other substance, and non-substance, addictions. ..
- Extinction of Limbic Activation to "Unseen" Cocaine CuesAnna Rose Childress; Fiscal Year: 2010..The current project tests whether extinction of the brain response to cocaine cues can occur outside awareness, and whether extinction can be facilitated by the partial agonist varenicline. ..