Betty A Chewning
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Evaluation of structured patient interactions: the Diabetes CheckLisa M Guirguis
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53705, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 70:56. 2006....
- Recall of A1C, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels among community pharmacy patients with diabetesLisa M Guirguis
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 47:29-34. 2007....
- Quality of care for older adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma based on comparisons to practice guidelines and smoking statusBenjamin M Craig
Health Outcomes and Behavior Program, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 8:144. 2008..Furthermore, we evaluate the association between smoking status and patterns in health care and how concordant this care is with guidelines...
- Patient preferences for shared decisions: a systematic reviewBetty Chewning
Sonderegger Research Center, University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy, Madison, WI 53705 2222, USA
Patient Educ Couns 86:9-18. 2012..Empirical literature on patient decision role preferences regarding treatment and screening was reviewed to summarize patients' role preferences across measures, time and patient population...
- Concordance in cancer medication managementBetty Chewning
Sonderegger Research Center, School of Pharmacy, 425 N Charter Street, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Patient Educ Couns 50:75-8. 2003..The need for research on patient communication with pharmacists, nurses and other health team members beyond physicians is noted. Research implications for longitudinal, descriptive and intervention studies are offered...
- The healthy adherer and the placebo effectBetty Chewning
Sonderegger Research Institute, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705 2222, USA
BMJ 333:18-9. 2006
- Evaluating pharmacists' ability to counsel on tobacco cessation using two standardized patient scenariosBeth A Martin
University of Wisconsin School of Pharmacy, Madison, USA
Patient Educ Couns 83:319-24. 2011..Second, to analyze the validity of the observation coding tool used to evaluate pharmacist's role-play performance...
- Ask, advise and refer: hypothesis generation to promote a brief tobacco-cessation intervention in community pharmaciesPallavi D Patwardhan
Department of Social and Administrative Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Int J Pharm Pract 17:221-9. 2009..A preliminary qualitative study was conducted to identify key facilitators and barriers for pharmacists' adoption of a brief tobacco-cessation protocol, Ask-Advise-Refer (AAR)...
- Role theory: literature review and implications for patient-pharmacist interactionsLisa M Guirguis
Social and Administrative Pharmacy Division, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 1:483-507. 2005..There is a need to describe how role theory has been used by researchers to describe various phenomena in pharmacy so as to identify gaps in knowledge and future research priorities...
- Conceptualizing and measuring pharmacist-patient communication: a review of published studiesBupendra Shah
Division School of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 2:153-85. 2006..Pharmacist-patient communication in community pharmacies has been studied for over 25 years with little effort to evaluate this research comprehensively...
- Rationale and methods for a trial assessing placebo, echinacea, and doctor-patient interaction in the common coldBruce Barrett
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Explore (NY) 3:561-72. 2007....
- Effectiveness of intervention to implement tobacco cessation counseling in community chain pharmaciesPallavi D Patwardhan
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 52:507-14. 2012....
- Adverse effect monitoring: opportunity for patient care and pharmacy practiceCarol J Hermansen-Kobulnicky
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Sonderegger Research Center, Madison, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 44:75-86; quiz 87-8. 2004....
- Practitioner empathy and the duration of the common coldDavid P Rakel
School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53715, USA
Fam Med 41:494-501. 2009..This study's objective was to assess the relationship of empathy in medical office visits to subsequent outcomes of the common cold...
- A randomized controlled trial to evaluate the impact of structured patient interactions on pharmacy students' counselling behaviours and attitudesLisa M Guirguis
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Int J Pharm Pract 17:53-60. 2009..The Diabetes Check is a brief structured interaction that was designed to facilitate patient-pharmacist conversations about monitoring A1c, blood pressure and cholesterol (diabetes ABCs)...
- Effect of a tobacco cessation continuing professional education program on pharmacists' confidence, skills, and practice-change behaviorsBeth A Martin
Sonderegger Research Center, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, 777 Highland Ave, Madison, WI 53705 2222, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 50:9-16. 2010..To evaluate the impact of a tobacco cessation training program on pharmacists' confidence, skills, and practice-change behaviors...
- Health Behavior Change after Blood Pressure FeedbackJia Pu
Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA, United States of America University of Wisconsin Madison, School of Pharmacy, Madison, WI, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0141217. 2015....
- Patient and phaRmacist telephonic encounters (PARTE) in an underserved rural patient population with asthma: results of a pilot studyHenry N Young
Social and Administrative Sciences Division, Sonderegger Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Telemed J E Health 18:427-33. 2012..To assess the feasibility, acceptability, and preliminary impact of a telepharmacy intervention in an underserved, rural asthma patient population...
- Sources of drug information for patients with chronic conditions in Alexandria, EgyptMohamed E K Amin
Social and Administrative Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Int J Pharm Pract 19:13-20. 2011..This study sought to identify patients' perceived drug knowledge, need for more information and drug information sources, and how they varied by patient characteristics, particularly education level...
- Self-management, knowledge, and functioning and well-being of patients on hemodialysisRoberta Braun Curtin
Medical Education Institute, Madison, WI, USA
Nephrol Nurs J 31:378-86, 396; quiz 387. 2004....
- Provision of risk management and risk assessment information: the role of the pharmacistJon C Schommer
University of Minnesota Twin Cities, MN 55455, USA
Res Social Adm Pharm 2:458-78. 2006....
- Older Adults & Drug Decisions: Collaboration & OutcomesBetty Chewning; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..