Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Cadherin-11 regulates motility in normal cortical neural precursors and glioblastomaJessica D Schulte
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e70962. 2013....
- AKT activation by N-cadherin regulates beta-catenin signaling and neuronal differentiation during cortical developmentJianing Zhang
Department of Pathology, University of Illinois, 909 S, Wolcott Ave, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Neural Dev 8:7. 2013..Previous studies with shRNA knockdown approaches indicated that N-cadherin adhesion between cortical precursors regulates β-catenin signaling, but the underlying mechanisms remained poorly understood...
- Beta-catenin signaling levels in progenitors influence the laminar cell fates of projection neuronsChristopher A Mutch
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurosci 29:13710-9. 2009....
- Beta-catenin signaling negatively regulates intermediate progenitor population numbers in the developing cortexChristopher A Mutch
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e12376. 2010..Together, these findings provide evidence that beta-catenin signaling in radial progenitors negatively regulates intermediate progenitor cell number during cortical development...
- Nestin reporter transgene labels multiple central nervous system precursor cellsAvery S Walker
Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 3008, USA
Neural Plast 2010:894374. 2010..This eGFP+ mouse will facilitate studies of proliferative neuroepithelia and adult neurogenesis, as well as of parenchymal oligodendrocytes...
- Cortical neural precursors inhibit their own differentiation via N-cadherin maintenance of beta-catenin signalingJianing Zhang
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Dev Cell 18:472-9. 2010..These results suggest that neural precursor cell interactions can generate a self-supportive niche to regulate their own number...