Maida Lynn Chen
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Sleep problems in children with fetal alcohol spectrum disordersMaida Lynn Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 8:421-9. 2012....
- Alcohol use in congenital central hypoventilation syndromeMaida Lynn Chen
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 41:283-5. 2006..Patients with CCHS appear to lack anxiety and the awareness that their inability to perceive physiologically dangerous levels of hypercarbia and hypoxia deprives them of important protective mechanisms...
- Posterior fossa tumors and their impact on sleep and ventilatory control: a clinical perspectiveAmy Lee
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington, United States Electronic address
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 189:261-71. 2013..Damage to the cerebellar peduncles, especially the inferior cerebellar peduncle, without brainstem involvement, can cause significant disruption of respiration. ..
- Diaphragm pacers as a treatment for congenital central hypoventilation syndromeMaida Lynn Chen
University of Southern California, Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Expert Rev Med Devices 2:577-85. 2005..Therefore, diaphragm pacing is an attractive alternative mode of mechanically assisted ventilation for many patients with congenital central hypoventilation syndrome...
- Supine sleeping position does not cause clinical aspiration in neonates in hospital newborn nurseriesMary Anne Tablizo
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, and University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:507-10. 2007..To determine the frequency and severity of clinically significant events of spitting up in normal newborns during the first 24 hours of life and to correlate the events with sleeping position...
- Congenital central hypoventilation syndrome: not just another rare disorderMaida Lynn Chen
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, USA
Paediatr Respir Rev 5:182-9. 2004..Supplemental oxygen alone is inadequate treatment. With early diagnosis and adequate ventilatory support, these children can have good outcomes and lead productive lives...
- Disordered respiratory control in children with partial cerebellar resectionsMaida Lynn Chen
Division of Pediatric Pulmonology, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 40:88-91. 2005..We speculate that these abnormalities are manifestations of altered respiratory control caused by dysfunctional cerebellar coordination of ventilatory muscles...