Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Image metrics for predicting subjective image qualityLi Chen
Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627 0270, USA
Optom Vis Sci 82:358-69. 2005..Some of the most commonly used metrics, such as RMS wavefront error and the Strehl ratio, predict subjective image quality poorly. Our goal is to establish a better metric to predict subjective image quality from the wave aberration...
- Accommodation with higher-order monochromatic aberrations corrected with adaptive opticsLi Chen
Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 23:1-8. 2006..They also show that some subjects can accommodate correctly when higher-order monochromatic aberrations as well as established cues to accommodation are greatly reduced...
- Neural compensation for the best aberration correctionLi Chen
Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Vis 7:9.1-9. 2007..Neural adaptation slightly modifies the best aberration correction, although this effect averaged only approximately 12% of complete adaptation. These results may have practical consequences for customized vision correction...
- The locus of fixation and the foveal cone mosaicNicole M Putnam
The Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA
J Vis 5:632-9. 2005..This method can be used in psychophysical studies or medical applications requiring submicron registration of stimuli with respect to the retina or in delivering light to retinal features as small as single cells...
- Adaptive optics for vision: the eye's adaptation to point spread functionPablo Artal
Laboratorio de Optica, Departamento de Fisica, Universidad de Murcia, Campus de Espinardo Edificio C, 30071 Murcia, Spain
J Refract Surg 19:S585-7. 2003..We used adaptive optics techniques to control the eye's aberrations in order to evaluate this hypothesis...
- Neural compensation for the eye's optical aberrationsPablo Artal
Laboratorio de Optica, Departamento de Fisica, Universidad de Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
J Vis 4:281-7. 2004....
- Facilitation of amblyopia management by laser in situ keratomileusis in high anisometropic hyperopic and myopic childrenZheng Qin Yin
Southwest Eye Hospital Southwest Hospital, Chongqing, China
J AAPOS 11:571-6. 2007..To assess the efficacy of laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) in facilitating amblyopia management of children from 6 to 14 years old, with high hyperopic and myopic anisometropia...