Affiliation: University at Albany
- The effects of mandated health insurance benefits for autism on out-of-pocket costs and access to treatmentPinka Chatterji
National Bureau of Economic Research and Department of Economics at the State University of New York at Albany, Albany, NY
J Policy Anal Manage 34:328-53. 2015..We caution that we do not study the characteristics of ASD mandates in detail, and most ASD mandates have gone into effect very recently during our study period...
- Family leave after childbirth and the mental health of new mothersPinka Chatterji
Department of Economics, University at Albany, BA 111A, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 15:61-76. 2012..Much less is known, however, about how early parental employment affects the mental and physical health of the mothers themselves...
- Consequences of eliminating federal disability benefits for substance abusersPinka Chatterji
University at Albany, Economics Department, Business Administration 111A 1400, Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, United States
J Health Econ 29:226-40. 2010..In the later period after the policy change (1999-2002), the rate of SSI receipt rose, and short-run gains in labor market outcomes diminished...
- Psychiatric disorders and labor market outcomes: evidence from the National Comorbidity Survey-ReplicationPinka Chatterji
University at Albany, Economics Department, Business Administration 111A, 1400 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12222, USA
J Health Econ 30:858-68. 2011..There are no effects of disorder on earnings or hours worked among employed individuals...
- Racial/ethnic- and education-related disparities in the control of risk factors for cardiovascular disease among individuals with diabetesPinka Chatterji
Department of Economics, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York, USA
Diabetes Care 35:305-12. 2012..The main racial/ethnic comparisons made are with African Americans versus non-Latino whites and Mexican Americans versus non-Latino whites...
- Beware of being unaware: racial/ethnic disparities in chronic illness in the USAPinka Chatterji
Department of Economics, University at Albany SUNY, Albany, NY 12222, USA
Health Econ 21:1040-60. 2012....
- Identifying the mechanisms for workplace burden of psychiatric illnessSouvik Banerjee
Department of Economics, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, NY National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, MA CESifo, Munchen, Germany
Med Care 52:112-20. 2014..Although previous research indicates that mental disorders detract from labor market outcomes, little is known about which psychiatric symptoms are most important...
- Birth weight and academic achievement in childhoodPinka Chatterji
Economics, University at Albany SUNY, Albany, NY, USA
Health Econ 23:1013-35. 2014..Infant health measures appear to explain little of the well-documented racial disparity in test scores...
- The dynamics of income-related health inequality among American childrenPinka Chatterji
Department of Economics, University at Albany SUNY, Albany, NY, USA
Health Econ 22:623-9. 2013..However, offsetting this effect, our findings also suggest that changes in income ranking over time are positively related to children's subsequent health status...
- On-site medical care in methadone maintenance: associations with health care use and expendituresMarc N Gourevitch
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 32:143-51. 2007..Long-term drug treatment with on-site medical care was associated with increased ambulatory care, less ED and inpatient care, and no net increase in expenditures...
- Maternity Leave Length and Maternal and Child HealthPinka Chatterji; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will contribute to our knowledge of how labor market choices and public policies that affect these choices influence the health and well being of mothers and children. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..