John T Chang
Affiliation: University of California
- Quality indicators for falls and mobility problems in vulnerable eldersJohn T Chang
Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, and Speciality Training and Advanced Research Program, University of California at Lost Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:S327-34. 2007
- Multimorbidity is associated with better quality of care among vulnerable eldersLillian C Min
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1687, USA
Med Care 45:480-8. 2007..Possible reasons include competing guidelines for individual conditions, burden of numerous recommendations, and difficulty implementing treatments for multiple conditions...
- Detection and management of falls and instability in vulnerable elders by community physiciansLaurence Z Rubenstein
UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1527-31. 2004..To investigate quality of care for falls and instability provided to vulnerable elders...
- The effect of a quality improvement initiative on the quality of other aspects of health care: the law of unintended consequences?David A Ganz
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Health Care System, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
Med Care 45:8-18. 2007..Policymakers and clinicians are concerned that initiatives to improve the quality of care for some conditions may have unintended negative consequences for quality in other conditions...
- Predictors of overall quality of care provided to vulnerable older peopleLillian C Min
Division of Geriatrics, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1705-11. 2005..In this study, the influences of clinical conditions, types of care processes, and sociodemographic characteristics on the quality of care received by vulnerable older people were evaluated...
- Quality of osteoarthritis care for community-dwelling older adultsDavid A Ganz
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, V A Greater Los Angeles Health Care System, STAR Program, University of California Los Angeles, 911 Broxton Plaza 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Arthritis Rheum 55:241-7. 2006..To describe the quality of osteoarthritis care provided to community-dwelling elderly patients and to characterize arthritis-related function in these patients...
- The quality of pharmacologic care for vulnerable older patientsTakahiro Higashi
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, and the Greater Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:714-20. 2004..To date, research has focused on inappropriate prescribing and policy efforts have aimed at access, but no comprehensive measurement of the quality of pharmacologic management using explicit criteria has been performed...
- Relationship between organizational factors and performance among pay-for-performance hospitalsErnest R Vina
Zynx Health, 10880 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:833-40. 2009..We conducted this study to identify the key organizational factors associated with higher performance...
- The quality of medical care provided to vulnerable older patients with chronic painJoshua Chodosh
Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:756-61. 2004..To assess the quality of chronic pain care provided to vulnerable older persons...
- An update on assessing development in the pediatric office: has anything changed after two policy statements?Alma D Guerrero
UCLA Center for Healthier Children, Families and Communities, Los Angeles, Calif 90024, USA
Acad Pediatr 10:400-4. 2010....
- Interventions for the prevention of falls in older adults: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised clinical trialsJohn T Chang
Department of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
BMJ 328:680. 2004..To assess the relative effectiveness of interventions to prevent falls in older adults to either a usual care group or control group...
- Patients' global ratings of their health care are not associated with the technical quality of their careJohn T Chang
the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and Greater Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California RAND Health, Santa Monica, California and RAND Health, Arlington, Virginia
Ann Intern Med 144:665-72. 2006..Patient global ratings of care are commonly used to assess health care. However, the extent to which these assessments of care are related to the technical quality of care received is not well understood...
- Comparison of administrative data and medical records to measure the quality of medical care provided to vulnerable older patientsCatherine H Maclean
Greater Los Angeles VA Healthcare System, California, USA
Med Care 44:141-8. 2006..However, it is unclear how performance based on administrative data and medical records compare...
- Do proxies reflect patients' health concerns about urinary incontinence and gait problems?Takahiro Higashi
Department of Epidemiology and Healthcare Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:75. 2005..While falls and urinary incontinence are prevalent among older patients, who sometimes rely on proxies to provide their health information, the validity of proxy reports of concern about falls and urinary incontinence remains unknown...
- Quality of care is associated with survival in vulnerable older patientsTakahiro Higashi
RAND Health, Santa Monica, California 90407 2138, USA
Ann Intern Med 143:274-81. 2005..Although assessment of the quality of medical care often relies on measures of process of care, the linkage between performance of these process measures during usual clinical care and subsequent patient outcomes is unclear...
- The quality of care provided to vulnerable older community-based patients with urinary incontinenceNallini Gnanadesigan
Los Angeles Jewish Home for the Aging, 7150 Tampa Avenue, Reseda, CA, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 5:141-6. 2004..The objective of this study was to assess the quality of care provided to vulnerable older community-based patients with urinary incontinence (UI)...
- The quality of medical care provided to vulnerable community-dwelling older patientsNeil S Wenger
RAND Health, Santa Monica, California, USA
Ann Intern Med 139:740-7. 2003..Previous studies have focused on general medical conditions aimed at prolonging life, not on geriatric issues important for quality of life...
- Reporting randomized, controlled trials: where quality of reporting may be improvedClifford Y Ko
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine and Public Health, Los Angeles, California 90095 6904, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 45:443-7. 2002..The current study evaluates the quality of reporting in Diseases of the Colon and Rectum and other clinically related journals to identify specific areas where future improvements may be made...