Adam P Chambers
Affiliation: University of Cincinnati
- Effect of vertical sleeve gastrectomy on food selection and satiation in ratsAdam P Chambers
Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 303:E1076-84. 2012..VSG alters nutrient sensing in a manner that lowers the threshold for satiety and reduces fat preference to induce and maintain weight loss...
- Integration of satiety signals by the central nervous systemAdam P Chambers
Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, 2170 E Galbraith Road, Bldg E, 3rd Floor, ML 0503, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Curr Biol 23:R379-88. 2013..These inputs can be modified as a function of internal metabolic signals, external environmental influences, and learning to regulate meal size...
- The effects of vertical sleeve gastrectomy in rodents are ghrelin independentAdam P Chambers
Metabolic Disease Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Gastroenterology 144:50-52.e5. 2013..We found that VSG produced comparable outcomes in each strain. Reduced ghrelin signaling therefore does not appear to be required for these effects of VSG...
- Similar effects of roux-en-Y gastric bypass and vertical sleeve gastrectomy on glucose regulation in ratsAdam P Chambers
Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, United States
Physiol Behav 105:120-3. 2011..The most intriguing aspect of the findings is that the two surgical procedures had such similar effects in spite of quite different rearrangements of the gastrointestinal system...
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy is effective in two genetic mouse models of glucagon-like Peptide 1 receptor deficiencyHilary E Wilson-Pérez
Department of Internal Medicine, Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Diabetes 62:2380-5. 2013..These data demonstrate that GLP-1 receptor activity is not necessary for the metabolic improvements induced by VSG surgery. ..
- Weight-independent changes in blood glucose homeostasis after gastric bypass or vertical sleeve gastrectomy in ratsAdam P Chambers
Obesity Research Center and the Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Gastroenterology 141:950-8. 2011..We investigated alterations in glucose metabolism in rats following RYGB or VSG...
- Sleeve gastrectomy in rats improves postprandial lipid clearance by reducing intestinal triglyceride secretionMargaret A Stefater
Metabolic Diseases Institute and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Gastroenterology 141:939-949.e1-4. 2011..We investigated whether the beneficial effects of vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) on plasma lipid levels are weight independent...
- Regulation of gastric emptying rate and its role in nutrient-induced GLP-1 secretion in rats after vertical sleeve gastrectomyAdam P Chambers
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 306:E424-32. 2014..These findings demonstrate greatly accelerated gastric emptying in rat models of RYGB and VSG. In VSG this is likely due to increased gastric pressure and reduced responses to inhibitory feedback from the intestine. ..
- All bariatric surgeries are not created equal: insights from mechanistic comparisonsMargaret A Stefater
Metabolic Diseases Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Endocr Rev 33:595-622. 2012....
- Sleeve gastrectomy induces loss of weight and fat mass in obese rats, but does not affect leptin sensitivityMargaret A Stefater
Metabolic Disease Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Gastroenterology 138:2426-36, 2436.e1-3. 2010..Vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) produces dramatic, sustained weight loss; we investigated whether these changes result from improved sensitivity to leptin...
- Effect of guanylate cyclase-C activity on energy and glucose homeostasisDenovan P Begg
Metabolic Diseases Institute, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH School of Psychology, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Diabetes 63:3798-804. 2014..Our data indicate that the modest effects of uroguanylin on energy and glucose homeostasis are not mediated by central GC-C receptors. ..
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery but not vertical sleeve gastrectomy decreases bone mass in male ratsKerstin Stemmer
Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Helmholtz Centre Munich, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Endocrinology 154:2015-24. 2013..These data point toward important similarities and differences between bariatric procedures that should be considered in clinical settings as guidance for which procedure will be best for specific patient populations...
- The role of neuropeptide y in energy homeostasisAdam P Chambers
Departments of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, 2170 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH, 45237, USA
Handb Exp Pharmacol 209:23-45. 2012..Evidence from diverse types of experiments suggests that rather than initiating behavioral eating per se, endogenous NPY elicits autonomic responses that prepare the individual to better cope with consuming a calorically large meal...