Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Bridging healthcare, police, and court responses to intimate partner violence perpetrated by individuals with severe and persistent mental illnessCatherine Cerulli
University of Rochester Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, NY 14618, USA
Psychiatr Q 75:139-50. 2004..This article discusses the potential for a more flexible approach to IPV through interdisciplinary coordination and training of police, judges, attorneys, legal advocates, mental health professionals and substance abuse providers...
- Does the health status of intimate partner violence victims warrant pharmacies as portals for public health promotion?Catherine Cerulli
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 50:200-6. 2010....
- Mental and physical health symptoms of family court intimate partner violence petitionersCatherine Cerulli
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Int J Law Psychiatry 34:94-8. 2011..Findings from this study support court-based settings as appropriate sites for addressing mental health needs through collaborative efforts between legal and mental health professionals...
- Examining the Intersection Between Suicidal Behaviors and Intimate Partner Violence Among a Sample of Males Receiving Services From the Veterans Health AdministrationCatherine Cerulli
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Mens Health 8:440-3. 2014..Findings suggest male Veterans who are IPV involved have increased odds of suicidal thoughts and behaviors. ..
- Improving coordinated responses for victims of intimate partner violence: law enforcement compliance with state-mandated intimate partner violence documentationCatherine Cerulli
University of Rochester Medical Center, NY, USA
Violence Against Women 21:897-907. 2015..01) and the defendant had prior court contact (p < .05). The discussion explores policy implications and potential means to rectify the gap between mandated processes and implementation. ..
- Co-occurring intimate partner violence and mental health diagnoses in perinatal womenCatherine Cerulli
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:1797-803. 2011..We compare rates of depression, anxiety disorder, and substance abuse diagnoses between mothers who reported IPV within the past year to those who did not...
- Protection order petitioners' health care utilizationCatherine Cerulli
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Violence Against Women 16:679-90. 2010..The response to address interpersonal violence victimization should attempt to connect women using the courts with needed health care services...
- Exploring intimate partner violence status among male veterans and associated health outcomesCatherine Cerulli
1University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Mens Health 8:66-73. 2014....
- Predicting dissemination of a disaster mental health "Train-the-Trainer" programWendi Cross
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, USA
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 4:339-43. 2010..We report on the development and implementation of a DMH TTT program and examine variables that predict dissemination...
- Depressive and posttraumatic symptoms among women seeking protection orders against intimate partners: relations to coping strategies and perceived responses to abuse disclosureSharon M Flicker
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, MN, USA
Violence Against Women 18:420-36. 2012..Findings suggest that mental health providers may find it useful to address these negative styles of coping while public education campaigns should target victim blaming...
- An exploratory analysis of intimate partner violence and postpartum depression in an impoverished urban populationNicole Trabold
School of Nursing, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Soc Work Health Care 52:332-50. 2013..The severity of IPV appears to influence the occurrence and acuity of prenatal depression suggesting an indirect relationship. Implications for health and social work practitioners are discussed...
- "They told me to leave": how health care providers address intimate partner violenceDiane S Morse
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:333-42. 2012..Recommendations for health care providers (HCPs) include IPV screening, counseling, and safety referral. The objective of this study was to report women's experiences discussing IPV with HCPs...
- Use of nonmedical and pediatric primary care medical services by families who call police for domestic violence-related issuesDanielle Thomas-Taylor
Department of Psychiatry, Rochester General Hospital, 300 Crittenden Boulevard, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Violence Against Women 17:1409-20. 2011..However, clinic-based patients appear in family court more than privately based patients (91% vs. 57%). Data suggest that all pediatric providers should screen, assess, and refer parents for DV...
- Meeting health and psychological needs of women in drug treatment courtDiane S Morse
Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Women s Initiative Supporting Health, Center for Community Health, Rochester, NY 14642, USA Electronic address
J Subst Abuse Treat 46:150-7. 2014..Self-determination theory helps explain motivation required to address the women's healthcare needs and multiple demands at all levels of the socio-ecological model...
- Instructional curriculum improves medical staff knowledge and efficacy for patients experiencing intimate partner violenceElizabeth A Edwardsen
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Mil Med 176:1260-4. 2011..The impact of an instructional curriculum was also examined following an interactive training...
- Threatened and attempted suicide by partner-violent male respondents petitioned to family violence courtKenneth R Conner
University of Rochester Medical Center, The State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Law Family Violence Clinic, NY 14642, USA
Violence Vict 17:115-25. 2002..The study of suicidal behavior in partner-violent men may inform the prevention of suicide and severe domestic violence...
- Violence toward mental health staff and safety in the work environmentMichael Privitera
University of Rochester Medical Center Psychiatry, 300 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Occup Med (Lond) 55:480-6. 2005....
- Disparities in adverse childhood experiences among individuals with a history of military serviceJohn R Blosnich
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York2Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
JAMA Psychiatry 71:1041-8. 2014....
- Responding to the need for sleep among survivors of interpersonal violence: A randomized controlled trial of a cognitive-behavioral insomnia intervention followed by PTSD treatmentWilfred R Pigeon
Sleep and Neurophysiology Research Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY USA U S Department of Veterans Affairs Center of Excellence for Suicide Prevention, Canandaigua VA Medical Center, Canandaigua, NY USA Electronic address
Contemp Clin Trials 45:252-60. 2015..The study's overarching hypothesis is that treating insomnia will produce reduction in insomnia, PTSD, and depression severity, allowing patients to more fully engage in, and derive optimal benefits from, cognitive processing therapy. ..
- Investigating health disparities and disproportionality in child maltreatment reporting: 2002-2006Natalie A Cort
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA Natalie
J Public Health Manag Pract 16:329-36. 2010..We examined health disparities and disproportionality in child protective services (CPS) reporting at a regional academic health center...
- Does screening in the emergency department hurt or help victims of intimate partner violence?Debra Houry
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Ann Emerg Med 51:433-42, 442.e1-7. 2008....
- Differences in female and male victims and perpetrators of partner violence with respect to WEB scoresDebra Houry
Emory University, USA
J Interpers Violence 23:1041-55. 2008..Depressive symptoms, symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder, African American race, and IPV victimization were independently associated with higher WEB scores...
- Stages of change as a correlate of mental health symptoms in abused, low-income African American womenTiffany A Edwards
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Clin Psychol 62:1531-43. 2006..These findings contribute to the growing body of literature supporting the TM as applied to IPV. Results are discussed in terms of applicability to intervention design...