Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Consumer and family experiences in the emergency department following a suicide attemptJulie Cerel
University of Kentucky, College of Social Work, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
J Psychiatr Pract 12:341-7. 2006..To understand the separate experiences of consumers (patients) and family members in the Emergency Department (ED) following a suicide attempt...
- Suicidal behavior in the family and adolescent risk behaviorJulie Cerel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:352.e9-16. 2005....
- Peer suicidal behavior and adolescent risk behaviorJulie Cerel
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 193:237-43. 2005..These results highlight the need for professionals to be aware of these risks in friends of those who have attempted or died by suicide. Assessment and intervention for peers is appropriate and required for this at-risk group...
- Sexual orientation and risk factors for suicidal ideation and suicide attempts among adolescents and young adultsVincent M B Silenzio
Departments of Family Medicine, Psychiatry, and Community and Preventive Medicine, University of Rochester, NY 14620, USA v m
Am J Public Health 97:2017-9. 2007....
- Proximate outcomes of gatekeeper training for suicide prevention in the workplaceWendi Cross
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 37:659-70. 2007..Participants in this workplace gatekeeper training reported sharing new knowledge and skills with family, friends, and coworkers...
- Childhood bereavement: psychopathology in the 2 years postparental deathJulie Cerel
College of Social Work, University of Kentucky, Lexington, 40506, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:681-90. 2006..Although the death of a parent is one of the most significant stressors a child can experience, the psychiatric sequelae of parental death are not fully understood...
- Suicide survivors seeking mental health services: a preliminary examination of the role of an active postvention modelJulie Cerel
University of Kentucky, College of Social Work, Lexington 40506, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:30-4. 2008..APM were more likely than PP to attend survivor support group meetings and APM attended more groups. To better understand the efficacy of APM in helping survivors, a prospective evaluation is needed...
- The impact of suicide on the familyJulie Cerel
College of Social Work, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Crisis 29:38-44. 2008..Finally, we identify key issues that remain to be resolved in family survivor research and make recommendations for future studies...