J G Castro
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Acceptability of neonatal circumcision by Hispanics in southern FloridaJ G Castro
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Int J STD AIDS 21:591-4. 2010..A larger study will be needed to determine what factors are associated with low acceptability and how one might effectively address these concerns in this population...
- Clinical and epidemiological characteristics of individuals with very high rapid plasma reaginJose G Castro
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Int J STD AIDS 25:593-5. 2014..Overall, 50% of these patients with very high RPR titres were symptomatic, and the most common symptom was skin rash (93%). ..
- STD Clinic Patients' Awareness of Non-AIDS Complications of HIV InfectionJosé Guillermo Castro
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care 14:207-10. 2015..Increased awareness of these less known consequences of HIV infection may decrease the potential for complacency regarding acquiring HIV infection. ..
- Management of Pneumocystis Jirovecii pneumonia in HIV infected patients: current options, challenges and future directionsJose G Castro
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
HIV AIDS (Auckl) 2:123-34. 2010..Evolving management practices, such as the successful institution of early antiretroviral therapy, may further enhance overall survival rates...
- Nocardia species infections in a large county hospital in Miami: 6 years experienceJose G Castro
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Infect 54:358-61. 2007..There were 25 cases of nocardiosis and 76% of them were also infected with HIV. Of the HIV infected patients, all of them had CD4 counts less than 100 cells/mm(3) and most cases were localized in the lungs...
- Concurrent PCP and TB pneumonia in HIV infected patientsJose G Castro
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Florida, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 39:1054-8. 2007..All but 2 survived the hospital admission. Thus, concurrent TB and PCP in HIV infected patients were not uncommon in this large county hospital in Miami, Florida in the studied period, but its diagnosis was challenging...
- Making the case for circumcision as a public health strategy: opening the dialogueJose G Castro
Department of Medicine, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:367-72. 2010..Results suggest that promotion of MC as an HIV risk reduction strategy must begin with the support of medical practitioners to promote the endorsement of MC as a prevention strategy...