Carolyn L Cason
Affiliation: University of Texas at Arlington
- A counterbalanced cross-over study of the effects of visual, auditory and no feedback on performance measures in a simulated cardiopulmonary resuscitationCarolyn L Cason
College of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas, USA
BMC Nurs 10:15. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of feedback (none, auditory only and visual only) on the quality of CPR and rescuer fatigue...
- Innovations in basic life support education for healthcare providers: improving competence in cardiopulmonary resuscitation through self-directed learningCarolyn L Cason
School of Nursing, University of Texas, 411 S Nedderman, Arlington, TX 76019 0407, USA
J Nurses Staff Dev 25:E1-E13. 2009....
- Nurses' implementation of guidelines for ventilator-associated pneumonia from the Centers for Disease Control and PreventionCarolyn L Cason
The School of Nursing, University of Texas at Arlington, TX 76109 0407, USA
Am J Crit Care 16:28-36; discussion 37; quiz 38. 2007....
- Mastery over stress among women with HIV/AIDSJennifer Gray
School of Nursing, University of Texas, Arlington, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 13:43-51. 2002..Other potential interventions include assessing social support and spiritual perspective, discussing the potential benefit of these resources, and making referrals for psychosocial services as needed...
- Improving workplace safety training using a self-directed CPR-AED learning programMary E Mancini
The University of Texas at Arlington, School of Nursing, USA
AAOHN J 57:159-67; quiz 168-9. 2009..Furthermore, the SDL kit overcomes many of the barriers that keep individuals from learning CPR and appears to contribute to bystanders' confidently attempting resuscitation...
- Voices of Hispanic students in baccalaureate nursing programs: are we listening?Mary Lou Bond
Center for Hispanic Studies in Nursing and Health, University of Texas, Arlington School of Nursing, TX, USA
Nurs Educ Perspect 29:136-42. 2008..The prominence of the personal determination theme among these students warrants further study, but suggests that success may be enhanced by helping students capitalize on their personal determination...
- A randomized cross-over study of the quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation among females performing 30:2 and hands-only cardiopulmonary resuscitationCynthia Trowbridge
Department of Kinesiology, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas, USA
BMC Nurs 8:6. 2009..For comparison purposes, each also performed chest compressions with ventilations (30:2) CPR. It also evaluated fatigue and changes in body biomechanics associated with each type of CPR...
- Cultural attitudes, knowledge, and skills of a health workforceMary Elaine Jones
University of the Incarnate Word School of Nursing and Health Professions, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Transcult Nurs 15:283-90. 2004..Educational interventions may enhance workers' knowledge. Whether such enhanced knowledge yields improved patient care outcomes remains to be answered...
- Access to preventive health care: is method of payment a barrier for immigrant Hispanic women?Mary Elaine Jones
University of Texas at Arlington School of Nursing, USA
Womens Health Issues 12:129-37. 2002..To increase preventive care, more study is needed of interventions that build on women's existing cultural prescriptions for health behavior by health professionals who portray postbirth checks as wellness checks...
- Evaluating nurse competency: evidence of validity for a skills recredentialing programTerry Jones
Clinical Research and Data Management, Parkland Health and Hospital System, 5201 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75235 7750, USA
J Prof Nurs 18:22-8. 2002..The equivalence of assessments made under simulated and patient care conditions supports the validity of competency assessment programs currently in use in many large health care settings...