Affiliation: University of Washington
- Trauma exposure and sexual revictimization risk: comparisons across single, multiple incident, and multiple perpetrator victimizationsErin A Casey
University of Washington School of Social Work
Violence Against Women 11:505-30. 2005..Revictimization by new perpetrators was predicted by an earlier age during a first sexual assault and by nonsexual trauma in childhood...
- Being a positive bystander: male antiviolence allies' experiences of "stepping up"Erin A Casey
University of Washington, Tacoma, WA 98402 5825, USA
J Interpers Violence 27:62-83. 2012....
- "How can I not?": men's pathways to involvement in anti-violence against women workErin Casey
Social Work Program, University of Washington Tacoma, 1900 Commerce St, Tacoma, WA 98402 5825, USA
Violence Against Women 16:953-73. 2010..Implications for models of ally development and for efforts to engage men in antiviolence work are discussed...
- The structure of male adolescent peer networks and risk for intimate partner violence perpetration: findings from a national sampleErin A Casey
University of Washington, Tacoma, 1900 Commerce, Box 358425, Tacoma, WA 98402, USA
J Youth Adolesc 39:620-33. 2010..Implications for prevention programming and future research are addressed...
- Toward a multi-level, ecological approach to the primary prevention of sexual assault: prevention in peer and community contextsErin A Casey
University of Washington, Social Work Program, Tacoma, WA 98403, USA
Trauma Violence Abuse 10:91-114. 2009....
- Predictors of sexually coercive behavior in a nationally representative sample of adolescent malesErin A Casey
University of Washington, Tacoma, Social Work Program, 1900 Commerce St, Box 358425, Tacoma, WA 98402, USA
J Interpers Violence 24:1129-47. 2009..In addition to the universal prevention approaches currently in use in the field, these findings suggest that targeted prevention programs need to be formulated for youth with histories of childhood sexual or physical abuse...
- Trends in the prevalence and characteristics of sexual violence: a cohort analysisErin A Casey
School of Social Work, University of Washington, Tacoma 98105 6299, USA
Violence Vict 21:629-44. 2006..Additionally, although help-seeking among victims has increased, women's perceptions of their community's responsiveness have worsened slightly. Research and intervention implications are discussed...
- "He enjoys giving her pleasure": diversity and complexity in young men's sexual scriptsDiane M Morrison
School of Social Work, University of Washington, 4101 15th Ave NE, Seattle, WA, 98105 6299, USA
Arch Sex Behav 44:655-68. 2015..We also discuss the need for measures of sexual thinking that better integrate perceptions and expectations about the partner as well as the self in relation to the partner, rather than solely self-assessed traits. ..
- Effects of friendship closeness in an adolescent group HIV prevention interventionDiane M Morrison
School of Social Work, University of Washington, 4101 15th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
Prev Sci 8:274-84. 2007..The need for more research on the effects of friendship on intervention outcomes, and for multilevel analyses of group effects, are discussed...
- Replicating a teen HIV/STD preventive intervention in a multicultural cityDiane M Morrison
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105 6299, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 19:258-73. 2007..We discuss several possible reasons for this failure to replicate, concluding that the most likely reason is the lower rates of sexual activity among youth in the replication city...
- Frontline worker responses to domestic violence disclosure in public welfare officesTaryn Lindhorst
School of Social Work, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98155, USA
Soc Work 55:235-43. 2010..This study suggests that problems with implementation of the FVO reflect a systemic reluctance to address issues of violence with women rather than problems of individual workers...
- Screening for domestic violence in public welfare offices: an analysis of case manager and client interactionsTaryn Lindhorst
University of Washington, USA
Violence Against Women 14:5-28. 2008....
- How Childhood Maltreatment Profiles of Male Victims Predict Adult Perpetration and Psychosocial FunctioningKelly Cue Davis
University of Washington, Seattle, USA
J Interpers Violence . 2015..Findings support the use of person-oriented techniques for deriving patterns of childhood maltreatment and how these patterns relate to psychological, behavioral, and social factors in adulthood...
- Sexual scripts among young heterosexually active men and women: continuity and changeN Tatiana Masters
School of Social Work, University of Washington Seattle, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Sex Res 50:409-20. 2013..Changing sexual scripts can potentially contribute to decreased gender inequity in the sexual realm and to increased opportunities for sexual satisfaction, safety, and well-being, particularly for women, but for men as well...