Jerome J Cartier
Affiliation: University of California
- Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT) for offenders: protocol for a pragmatic randomized trialMichael L Prendergast
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Semel Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, 11075 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Addict Sci Clin Pract 8:16. 2013..Thus, there exists a need for treatment options for drug-involved offenders of varying risk levels to reduce risky behaviors or enter treatment...
- Methamphetamine use, self-reported violent crime, and recidivism among offenders in California who abuse substancesJerome Cartier
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, University of California, Los Angeles, 90025, USA
J Interpers Violence 21:435-45. 2006..These trends remained even after controlling for involvement in the drug trade (i.e., sales, distribution, or manufacturing)...
- The persistence of HIV risk behaviors among methamphetamine-using offendersJerome J Cartier
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 40:437-46. 2008..Clinical and policy implications of the findings are discussed...
- Alcohol & drug abuse: alcohol, the "Un-Drug"David Farabee
Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, University of California, Los Angeles 90025, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:1375-6. 2002
- Methamphetamine use and HIV risk among substance-abusing offenders in CaliforniaDavid Farabee
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, University of California, Los Angeles, Drug Abuse Research Center, 90025, USA
J Psychoactive Drugs 34:295-300. 2002..The results of this study underscore the importance of addressing the higher sex-related HIV/AIDS risk among methamphetamine users undergoing prison-based drug treatment...
- Organizational characteristics of drug abuse treatment programs for offendersChristine E Grella
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, NPI Semel Institute for Neuroscience, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 32:291-300. 2007..Study findings have implications for developing effective reentry programs for offenders that bridge correctional and community treatment...