Margo Brooks Carthon
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Effective Strategies for Achieving Scope of Practice Reform in PennsylvaniaJ Margo Brooks Carthon
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Policy Polit Nurs Pract 17:99-109. 2016..Current regulatory impediments prohibit advanced practice registered nurses from practicing to their full capacity...
- "They're on the Fast Track": Older Blacks Describe Experiences of Nursing Care Quality During HospitalizationJ Margo Brooks Carthon
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Clin Nurs Res . 2016....
- Growth in retail-based clinics after nurse practitioner scope of practice reformJ Margo Brooks Carthon
Department of Family and Community Health, Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA Electronic address
Nurs Outlook . 2016..Retail clinics are largely staffed by nurse practitioners (NPs) and are a popular destination for nonemergent care...
- Enrollment of underrepresented minorities in nursing majors: A cross sectional analysis of U.S. nursing schoolsJ Margo Brooks Carthon
Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, 418 Curie Blvd, 3r, 372, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States Electronic address
Nurse Educ Today 35:1102-7. 2015..To investigate if underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities have distinct enrollment patterns when different diversity programmatic services are in place...
- Measuring success: results from a national survey of recruitment and retention initiatives in the nursing workforceJ Margo Brooks Carthon
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA Electronic address
Nurs Outlook 62:259-67. 2014....
- Nurse staffing and postsurgical outcomes in black adultsJ Margo Brooks Carthon
Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:1078-84. 2012..To determine the association between nurse staffing and postsurgical outcomes for older black adults, including 30-day mortality and failure to rescue...
- Making ENDS Meet: community networks and health promotion among Blacks in the city of Brotherly LoveMargo Brooks Carthon
School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1392-401. 2011....
- Quality of care and patient satisfaction in hospitals with high concentrations of black patientsJ Margo Brooks-Carthon
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Nurs Scholarsh 43:301-10. 2011..To examine the influence of nursing-specifically nurse staffing and the nurse work environment-on quality of care and patient satisfaction in hospitals with varying concentrations of Black patients...