Affiliation: University of California
- Impact of brief or extended exercise training on the benefit of a dyspnea self-management program in COPDVirginia Carrieri-Kohlman
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0610, USA
J Cardiopulm Rehabil 25:275-84. 2005....
- Exercise training improves outcomes of a dyspnea self-management programMichael S Stulbarg
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0111, USA
J Cardiopulm Rehabil 22:109-21. 2002....
- Adherence to a home-walking prescription in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseDorAnne Donesky-Cuenco
Department of Physiological Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Heart Lung 36:348-63. 2007..We know little about long-term exercise behavior and adherence in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Determinants of frequency, duration, and continuity of home walking in patients with COPDDorAnne Donesky
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Geriatr Nurs 32:178-87. 2011..These findings can be used to tailor exercise interventions to the specific needs of patients and improve the likelihood of consistent exercise participation...
- Yoga therapy decreases dyspnea-related distress and improves functional performance in people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a pilot studyDorAnne Donesky-Cuenco
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0610, USA
J Altern Complement Med 15:225-34. 2009..There has been limited study of yoga training as a complementary exercise strategy to manage the symptom of dyspnea in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- Additional evidence for the affective dimension of dyspnea in patients with COPDVirginia Carrieri-Kohlman
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0610, 2 Koret Way, San Francisco, CA 94143 0610, USA
Res Nurs Health 33:4-19. 2010..Dyspnea-related anxiety and distress also appeared to be concepts independent from measures of state anxiety, negative affect, and anxiety before a treadmill test...
- Factors influencing patient assignment to level 2 and level 3 within the 5-level ESI triage systemRoxanne Garbez
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Emerg Nurs 37:526-32. 2011..The primary aim of this study was to identify specific factors used by triage nurses to differentiate level 2 patients from level 3 patients...
- Internet-based patient education and support interventions: a review of evaluation studies and directions for future researchHuong Q Nguyen
3301 S Bear Street No 57B, Santa Ana, CA 92704, USA
Comput Biol Med 34:95-112. 2004..Given the increasing need to provide timely and effective patient-centered care, a stronger evidence base for eHealth applications must be established before broader deployment of such programs will take place...
- Understanding how asthmatics perceive symptom distress during a methacholine challengeGrace E Hardie
Department of Nursing, The University of California at San Francisco, USA
J Asthma 39:611-8. 2002..This finding suggests that those subjects, the 44% who failed to associate a change in their symptoms with increased airflow obstruction, may be at risk for life-threatening episodes...
- The affective dimension of dyspnea improves in a dyspnea self-management program with exercise trainingDorAnne Donesky
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA Electronic address
J Pain Symptom Manage 47:757-71. 2014..Few have reported the effect of a therapeutic clinical intervention on the affective dimension of dyspnea...
- Factor analysis of laboratory and clinical measurements of dyspnea in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseHuong Q Nguyen
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 25:118-27. 2003..We conclude that pulmonary function, clinical ratings of dyspnea, and laboratory ratings of dyspnea are three separate and independent factors and should be included in the routine clinical evaluation of patients with COPD...
- A responder analysis of the effects of yoga for individuals with COPD: who benefits and how?DorAnne Donesky
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Yoga Therap . 2012..We previously reported that a twice-weekly, modified Iyengar yoga program was a safe and viable self-management strategy for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). 1..
- Association Between Clinical Nurse Specialist's Presence and Open Visitation in US Intensive Care UnitsSukardi Suba
Author Affiliations Research Assistant Mr Suba and Associate Adjunct Professor Dr Donesky, Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing Critical Care Sepsis Clinical Practice Consultant, Clinical Effectiveness Team, Regional Quality and Regulatory Services, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, California Dr Scruth and Professor Emeritus, University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing Dr Carrieri Kohlman
Clin Nurse Spec 31:30-35. 2017..Current evidence shows that an open visitation policy can benefit patients and families during intensive care unit (ICU) stays. Therefore, an unrestricted visitation policy in the ICU has been proposed as part of patient-centered care...
- Level 2 and level 3 patients in emergency severity index triage system: comparison of characteristics and resource utilizationRoxanne Oertel Garbez
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Adv Emerg Nurs J 33:322-35. 2011..It is critical that nurses in the triage setting be aware of possible patient factors and resource needs that could influence assignment to specific triage levels...
- Efficacy of Yoga for Self-Management of Dyspnea in COPDVirginia Carrieri Kohlman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Dyspnea Self-Management: Internet or Face-to-FaceVIRGINIA LEE CARRIERI KOHLMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....