Waldemar F Carlo
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Impact of initial Norwood shunt type on young hypoplastic left heart syndrome patients listed for heart transplant: A multi-institutional studyWaldemar F Carlo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama Electronic address
J Heart Lung Transplant 35:301-5. 2016..In this study we explored waitlist and post-transplant outcomes within this sub-population stratified by shunt type...
- Single-center experience with extracorporeal photopheresis in pediatric heart transplantationWaldemar F Carlo
Divisions of Pediatric Cardiology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama Electronic address
J Heart Lung Transplant 33:624-8. 2014..We report our experience with ECP in pediatric heart transplantation...
- Inhaled nitric oxide improves oxygen saturation in children with pulmonary arteriovenous malformations after the Fontan procedureWaldemar F Carlo
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 12:e152-4. 2011..To report the utility of inhaled nitric oxide to ameliorate excessive hypoxemia in children with pulmonary arteriovenous malformations after the Fontan procedure...
- Root dilation in patients with truncus arteriosusWaldemar F Carlo
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 6:228-33. 2011..No data exist on root dilation in truncus arteriosus. We sought to delineate root dimensions across a population of patients with truncus arteriosus...
- Interstage attrition between bidirectional Glenn and Fontan palliation in children with hypoplastic left heart syndromeWaldemar F Carlo
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Ala, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 142:511-6. 2011..We investigated risk factors for death or cardiac transplantation during the interstage period between bidirectional Glenn and Fontan procedures in children with hypoplastic left heart syndrome...
- Current Expectations for Cardiac Transplantation in Patients With Congenital Heart DiseaseJames K Kirklin
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 7:685-695. 2016..Despite these many challenges, continuing improvements in the care of pediatric heart transplant patients have pushed the median posttransplant survival past 15 years for children and to 20 years for infants...
- Practice trends over time in the care of infants with hypoplastic left heart syndrome: A report from the National Pediatric Cardiology Quality Improvement CollaborativeWaldemar F Carlo
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Congenit Heart Dis . 2017..They evaluated changes in patient variables and practice variation between early and late eras...
- Repair of early posttransplant endomyocardial biopsy-related tricuspid regurgitation in a childF Bennett Pearce
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, USA
World J Pediatr Congenit Heart Surg 6:295-7. 2015..The tricuspid valve regurgitation was due to injury to the valve and chordal apparatus during surveillance endomyocardial biopsy. The described surgical technique produced durable improvement in valve function. ..
- Mechanical circulatory support: strategies and outcomes in pediatric congenital heart diseaseJames K Kirklin
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL Electronic address
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu 17:62-8. 2014..Several emerging miniature continuous flow devices will soon broaden the landscape of available pediatric devices. ..