Aristides A Capizzano
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Atypical Presentations of Intracranial Hypotension: Comparison with Classic Spontaneous Intracranial HypotensionA A Capizzano
From the Department of Radiology A A C, T M, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 37:1256-61. 2016..The purpose of this study was to compare clinical and imaging features of spontaneous intracranial hypotension with typical-versus-atypical presentations...
- Limbic Tumors of the Temporal Lobe: Radiologic-Pathologic CorrelationA A Capizzano
Division of Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA, 52242, USA
Clin Neuroradiol 25:127-35. 2015..The purpose of this study was to assess imaging and pathologic characteristics of limbic tumors. Our hypothesis was that temporal lobe limbic tumors have distinctive features from extralimbic tumors...
- In vivo proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy in patients with mood disorders: a technically oriented reviewAristides A Capizzano
Psychiatry Department, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 26:1378-89. 2007..Future studies should benefit from higher spectral resolution and more extensive anatomic coverage as well as standardized data-processing protocols and subject selection criteria...
- Limbic metabolic abnormalities in remote traumatic brain injury and correlation with psychiatric morbidity and social functioningAristides A Capizzano
Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 22:370-7. 2010..47 compared with 1.68; F=3.393, df=3, 19, p=0.044). Remote TBI displays limbic metabolic abnormalities, which correlate to social outcome and psychiatric status...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy of limbic structures displays metabolite differences in young unaffected relatives of schizophrenia probandsAristides A Capizzano
Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Schizophr Res 131:4-10. 2011....
- Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy in adult cancer patients with deliriumJeffrey R Yager
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA, USA
Psychiatry Res 191:128-32. 2011..Further research is needed to separate the choline peaks, as well as more detailed collection of medication regimens to determine whether a higher choline concentration is a function of the delirium process or cancer treatment effects...
- 3-Dimensional magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging at 3 Tesla for early response assessment of glioblastoma patients during external beam radiation therapyManickam Muruganandham
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 90:181-9. 2014..To evaluate the utility of 3-dimensional magnetic resonance (3D-MR) proton spectroscopic imaging for treatment planning and its implications for early response assessment in glioblastoma multiforme...
- Long-term neuropsychological, neuroanatomical, and life outcome in hippocampal amnesiaDavid E Warren
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 26:335-69. 2012..Her case provides an example of a rare and unlikely positive outcome in the face of severe memory problems...
- Magnetic resonance image findings in 5 young patients with Fabry diseaseJuan M Politei
Neurology Service, Juan A Fernandez Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Neurologist 12:103-5. 2006..Fabry disease is an X-linked recessive lysosomal storage disease; it is due to alpha-galactosidase A deficiency, and its clinical course shows repeated small artery strokes...