D L Bushnell
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Feasibility and advantage of adding (131)I-MIBG to (90)Y-DOTATOC for treatment of patients with advanced stage neuroendocrine tumorsDavid L Bushnell
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, 52242, USA
EJNMMI Res 4:38. 2014..The goal of this study was to evaluate the dosimetric advantages of adding (131)I meta-iodobenzylguanidine ((131)I-MIBG) to (90)Y DOTA Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide ((90)Y-DOTATOC) in patients with advanced stage midgut NETs...
- 99mTc-depreotide tumour uptake in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphomaDavid L Bushnell
Iowa City Veterans Administration Hospital, Diagnostic Imaging and Radioisotope Therapy Service, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Nucl Med Commun 25:839-43. 2004..SSTR peptides can be labelled with beta emitters and, if sufficient tumour uptake relative to normal organs can be demonstrated, therapeutic applications can be considered...
- Evaluating the clinical effectiveness of 90Y-SMT 487 in patients with neuroendocrine tumorsDavid Bushnell
Iowa City Veterans Administration Hospital, Diagnostic Imaging and Radioisotope Therapy Service, and Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, 55240, USA
J Nucl Med 44:1556-60. 2003..The purpose of this work was to develop a semiquantitative method and assess the clinical effectiveness of (90)Y-SMT 487 therapy in patients with neuroendocrine tumors...
- Treatment of metastatic carcinoid tumors with radiolabeled biologic moleculesDavid Bushnell
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 7:760-4. 2009..Symptomatic improvement is observed in most patients receiving these drugs and evidence of survival benefit is also mounting. Serious side effects are uncommon...
- Standard imaging techniques for neuroendocrine tumorsDavid L Bushnell
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 40:153-62, ix. 2011..This article reviews the various imaging methods and their respective advantages and limitations for use in different types of NETs, in particular carcinoid tumors...
- Enhanced uptake of 99Tcm-MDP in skeletal metastases from prostate cancer following initiation of hormone treatment: potential for increasing delivery of therapeutic agentsD L Bushnell
VA Medical Center, Iowa City, IA, USA
Nucl Med Commun 20:875-81. 1999..Consequently, it may be possible to improve the uptake and effectiveness of therapeutic bone-seeking radiopharmaceuticals by administering these agents following hormone therapy in patients with prostate cancer metastases...
- 90Y-edotreotide for metastatic carcinoid refractory to octreotideDavid L Bushnell
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1652-9. 2010..The goal of this study was to evaluate the clinical effect of using (90)Y-edotreotide to treat symptomatic patients with carcinoid tumors...
- Utility of radiolabeled somatostatin receptor analogues for staging/restaging and treatment of somatostatin receptor-positive pediatric tumorsGeetika Khanna
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Oncologist 13:382-9. 2008..Finally, we discuss the potential role of somatostatin receptor-targeted radiotherapy for improving the duration and quality of life of children with these tumors...
- Therapy with radiolabeled somatostatin peptide analogs for metastatic neuroendocrine tumorsDavid Bushnell
Diagnostic Imaging Service, Iowa City VAMC, and Radiology Department, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, 3856 JPP, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:335-6. 2006
- A comparison between diagnostic I-123 and posttherapy I-131 scans in the detection of remnant and locoregional thyroid diseaseDamita L Thomas
Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA, USA
Clin Nucl Med 34:745-8. 2009....
- Effects of intravenous amino acid administration with Y-90 DOTA-Phe1-Tyr3-Octreotide (SMT487[OctreoTher) treatmentDavid Bushnell
Iowa City Veterans Administration Hospital, Diagnostic Imaging and Radioisotope Therapy Service, Iowa City, IA 52240, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 19:35-41. 2004..Aminosyn is generally well tolerated, particularly at lower infusion rates with occasional moderate to severe nausea and vomiting at higher rates...
- The utility of 99mTc depreotide compared with F-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography and surgical staging in patients with suspected non-small cell lung cancerDaniel Kahn
Nuclear Medicine Section 115, Iowa City VA Medical Center, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Chest 125:494-501. 2004....
- Assessment of hepatic toxicity from treatment with 90Y-SMT 487 (OctreoTher(TM)) in patients with diffuse somatostatin receptor positive liver metastasesDavid Bushnell
Iowa City Veterans Administration Hospital, Diagnostic Imaging and Radioisotope Therapy Service, and Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver School of Medicine, IA, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 18:581-8. 2003....
- Phase I trial of 90Y-DOTATOC therapy in children and young adults with refractory solid tumors that express somatostatin receptorsYusuf Menda
Department of Radiology, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Nucl Med 51:1524-31. 2010..The purpose of this study was to conduct a phase I trial of (90)Y-DOTATOC to determine the dose-toxicity profile in children and young adults with somatostatin receptor-positive tumors...
- Combining anatomic and molecularly targeted imaging in the diagnosis and surveillance of embryonal tumors of the nervous and endocrine systems in childrenM Sue O'Dorisio
Department of Pediatrics, Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 27:665-77. 2008....
- PET, CT, and MRI with Combidex for mediastinal staging in non-small cell lung carcinomaK H Kernstine
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 68:1022-8. 1999..In contrast to prior studies, cytology was not used...
- Evaluation of various corrections to the standardized uptake value for diagnosis of pulmonary malignancyY Menda
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Nucl Med Commun 22:1077-81. 2001..CONCLUSION: The accuracy of SUV analysis for malignancy in lung nodules/masses is not improved by correction for blood glucose or tumour size or by normalizing for body surface area or lean body weight instead of body weight...
- Comparison of cardiac to hepatic uptake of 99mTc-tetrofosmin with and without adenosine infusion to predict the presence of haemodynamically significant coronary artery diseaseShayne R Squires
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Department of Radiology, Division of Nuclear Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52325, USA
Nucl Med Commun 26:513-8. 2005..Coronary artery disease impairs cardiac vasodilatory reserve. A low ratio of cardiac to hepatic vasodilatory reserve may be diagnostic for coronary artery disease...
- Can FDG-PET reduce the need for mediastinoscopy in potentially resectable nonsmall cell lung cancer?Kemp H Kernstine
Department of Biostatistics, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, and Iowa City Veterans Administration Medical Center, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:394-401; discussion 401-2. 2002..We question whether once PET is performed, is mediastinoscopy necessary?..
- Potential increased tumor-dose delivery with combined 131I-MIBG and 90Y-DOTATOC treatment in neuroendocrine tumors: a theoretic modelMark T Madsen
Department of Radiology, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Dr, Iowa City, 52242, USA
J Nucl Med 47:660-7. 2006..In this paper, we investigate the conditions in which combined-agent therapy is advantageous and we quantify the expected tumor-dose gain...
- Safety and efficacy of repeat administration of samarium Sm-153 lexidronam to patients with metastatic bone painOliver Sartor
Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer 109:637-43. 2007..The purpose of the analysis was to assess the safety and efficacy of repeated doses of Sm-153 in patients with metastatic bone pain...