V K Burt
Affiliation: University of California
- Special considerations in treating bipolar disorder in womenVivien K Burt
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Bipolar Disord 6:2-13. 2004....
- Plotting the course to remission: the search for better outcomes in the treatment of depressionVivien K Burt
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and Women s Life Center at UCLA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:20-5. 2004..In order to increase response and remission, depression should be seen as an illness comprising not only emotional symptoms but physical and anxious symptoms as well...
- Effects of antenatal depression and antidepressant treatment on gestational age at birth and risk of preterm birthRita Suri
Mood Disorders Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1206-13. 2007..The authors evaluated the effects of prenatal antidepressant exposure and maternal depression on infant gestational age at birth and risk of preterm birth...
- Epidemiology of depression throughout the female life cycleVivien K Burt
University of California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:9-15. 2002..Prophylaxis and treatment to minimize severity in cases of recurrence are discussed in the article, using reproductive transitional events as markers...
- Duloxetine for the treatment of major depressive disorder in women ages 40 to 55 yearsVivien K Burt
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychosomatics 46:345-54. 2005..Duloxetine (60 mg/day) was demonstrated to be an effective treatment for major depressive disorder in this cohort of women ages 40-55 years...
- Ruminative worrying during pregnancy: a case seriesAdrienne Einarson
The Motherisk Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada, and The Women s Life Center of The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 28:724-7. 2006..Most women worry to some extent during pregnancy about exposure to agents that might harm their babies...
- Relapse of major depression during pregnancy in women who maintain or discontinue antidepressant treatmentLee S Cohen
Perinatal and Reproductive Psychiatry Clinical Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
JAMA 295:499-507. 2006..However, systematic delineation of risk of relapse in women who maintain or discontinue pharmacological treatment during pregnancy is necessary...