Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Cyber-Senga: Ugandan youth preferences for content in an internet-delivered comprehensive sexuality education programmeSheana Bull
Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
East Afr J Public Health 7:58-63. 2010..To ascertain Ugandan youth access to complete information about sexual health and identify preferences for website design and content for a comprehensive sexuality education program...
- From Foucault to Freire Through Facebook: Toward an Integrated Theory of mHealthSheana Bull
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Health Educ Behav 43:399-411. 2016....
- Awareness, Perception of Risk and Behaviors Related to Retail Marijuana Among a Sample of Colorado YouthSheana S Bull
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado, 13001 E 17th Place B119, Aurora, CO, 80045, USA
J Community Health . 2016..It may be worthwhile to target educational campaigns to different demographic groups, and to offer training and capacity building for parents to discuss marijuana with their teenaged children...
- Social media-delivered sexual health intervention: a cluster randomized controlled trialSheana S Bull
Department of Community and Behavioral Health, Colorado School of Public Health, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:467-74. 2012..Although there is evidence that the Internet can be used effectively in supporting healthy sexual behavior, this has not yet extended to social networking sites...
- Effects of an Internet-based intervention for HIV prevention: the Youthnet trialsSheana Bull
Colorado Health Outcomes Program, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, P O Box 6508, MS F 443, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
AIDS Behav 13:474-87. 2009..We saw no intervention effects in the clinic sample. Internet-based interventions need to be more intensive to see greater effects. We need to do more to reach high risk youth online and keep their attention for multiple sessions...
- Case study: An ethics case study of HIV prevention research on Facebook: the Just/Us studySheana S Bull
MPH, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, 13001 East 17th Place, Building 500, Campus Box B 119, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 36:1082-92. 2011..To consider issues related to research with youth on social networking sites online...
- Text messaging for HIV prevention with young Black men: formative research and campaign developmentErin Wright
Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
AIDS Care 23:534-41. 2011..As technology proliferates, this work offers specific ideas for how to capitalize on new technological modalities to deliver important communications on prevention...
- A comparison of different measures of acculturation with cardiovascular risk factors in Latinos with hypertensionRicardo Padilla
Division of General Internal Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO, 80204, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 13:284-92. 2011..While more work is needed to develop proxies that can predict risk factor control and CVD outcomes, our simple measures can facilitate regular assessment of the cultural component of behavioral risk...
- Factor analyses of condom attitudes, norms, and self-efficacy measures in diverse samplesKatherine Pratte
University of Colorado, Aurora 80045 0508, USA
J Nurs Meas 18:153-75. 2010..These measures of condom attitudes, norms, and self-efficacy can be employed for assessments to improve standardization of measures and generalizability of research, particularly related to HIV prevention...
- A pilot programme using mobile phones for HIV preventionIvan Juzang
Department of Community and Behavioural Health, School of Public Health, University of Colorado, Mail Stop B 119, Building 500, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
J Telemed Telecare 17:150-3. 2011..There were no differences in the proportion of protected sex acts. The participants embraced the project, and were enrolled and retained in numbers that suggest such an intervention is worth examining for efficacy...
- Acculturation and outcomes among patients with heart failurePamela N Peterson
Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO, USA
Circ Heart Fail 5:160-6. 2012..In particular, those who are foreign-born and who do not speak English as their primary language may have greater challenges interacting with the health care system and thus be at greater risk for adverse outcomes...
- Designing a cardiovascular disease prevention web site for Latinos: qualitative community feedbackRicardo Padilla
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine in Denver, Colorado, USA
Health Promot Pract 11:140-7. 2010..Results from the focus groups are used to make recommendations on how to develop a culturally sensitive cardiovascular health care Web site for Latinos...
- LUCHAR: using computer technology to battle heart disease among LatinosBonnie Leeman-Castillo
Colorado Health Outcomes Program, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
Am J Public Health 100:272-5. 2010..The program shows promise for extending the reach of chronic disease prevention and self-management programs...
- What Do Colorado Adults Know About Legal Use of Recreational Marijuana After a Media Campaign?Ashley Brooks-Russell
Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO, USA
Health Promot Pract . 2016..Colorado legislators set aside funds for a statewide informational media campaign to educate Colorado residents on legal use of marijuana...
- Barriers to calling 911 and learning and performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation for residents of primarily Latino, high-risk neighborhoods in Denver, ColoradoComilla Sasson
American Heart Association, Dallas, TX University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO Colorado School of Public Health, Aurora, CO Electronic address
Ann Emerg Med 65:545-552.e2. 2015..The goal of this study is to identify barriers and facilitators to calling 911, and learning and performing CPR in 5 low-income, Latino neighborhoods in Denver, CO...
- Perceptions of health care services and HIV-related health-seeking behavior among Uganda adolescentsKaren Hampanda
a Department of Health and Behavioral Sciences, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, CO, USA
AIDS Care 26:1209-17. 2014..Condom acquisition and HIV-testing behaviors are also associated with peer influence, self-esteem, and demographic characteristics, such as age...
- Online Social Networking for HIV PreventionSheana S Bull; Fiscal Year: 2010..S. 4. Randomize discrete networks to a trial examining the efficacy of My_Network for Health_Space for maintaining abstinence, increasing condom use, and increasing testing for HIV among participants. ..