Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Reproducibility of jumping mechanography and traditional measures of physical and muscle function in older adultsB Buehring
Osteoporosis Clinical Research Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, 2870 University Avenue, Suite 100, Madison, WI, 53705, USA
Osteoporos Int 26:819-25. 2015..In this study, JM parameters were more reproducible than traditional functional tests. JM may be better able to demonstrate efficacy of interventions to mitigate sarcopenia...
- Glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis: an update on effects and managementBjoern Buehring
University of Wisconsin Osteoporosis Research Program, Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wis GRECC, William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, Wis Electronic address
J Allergy Clin Immunol 132:1019-30. 2013..Lastly, we will review the American College of Rheumatology GIO guidelines and discuss diagnostic and therapeutic strategies to mitigate the risk of GIO and fragility fractures. ..
- Myostatin--the holy grail for muscle, bone, and fat?B Buehring
Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology, University of Wisconsin Osteoporosis Clinical Research Program, UW Madison, 2870 University Ave, Suite 100, Madison, WI, 53705, USA
Curr Osteoporos Rep 11:407-14. 2013..Ultimately potential beneficial effects of myostatin inhibition will need to be determined based on hard outcomes such as falls and fractures. ..
- Tongue strength is associated with jumping mechanography performance and handgrip strength but not with classic functional tests in older adultsBjoern Buehring
Osteoporosis Clinical Research Program, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:418-22. 2013..To determine whether classic muscle function tests and jumping mechanography (JM) are related to tongue strength...
- Effect of including historical height and radius BMD measurement on sarco-osteoporosis prevalenceBjoern Buehring
University of Wisconsin Osteoporosis Clinical Research Program, 2870 University Avenue, Suite 100, Madison, WI, 53705, USA
J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle 4:47-54. 2013..This study examined the effect of advancing age on SOP prevalence with and without use of historical tallest height and radius BMD measurement...
- A randomized phase II trial evaluating different schedules of zoledronic acid on bone mineral density in patients with prostate cancer beginning androgen deprivation therapyJoshua M Lang
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI Carbone Cancer Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
Clin Genitourin Cancer 11:407-15. 2013..To assess the effects of timing and schedule of zoledronic acid (ZA) administration on bone mineral density (BMD) in patients beginning androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) for the treatment of recurrent prostate cancer...
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry measured regional body composition least significant change: effect of region of interest and gender in athletesBjoern Buehring
Osteoporosis Clinical Research Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
J Clin Densitom 17:121-8. 2014..As such, when evaluating serial body composition in athletes, especially if assessing regional change, knowledge of precision in individuals of similar body size and gender to the population of interest is needed. ..
- A case of an unusual subtrochanteric fracture in a patient receiving denosumabRodis Paparodis
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Endocr Pract 19:e64-8. 2013..The pathogenesis of AFF is incompletely understood; however, if oversuppression of bone remodeling contributes to AFF, it is plausible that other potent antiresorptive agents, such as denosumab, could be associated with AFF as well...
- The frequency of low muscle mass and its overlap with low bone mineral density and lipodystrophy in individuals with HIV--a pilot study using DXA total body composition analysisBjoern Buehring
University of Wisconsin Madison, Osteoporosis Clinical Research Program, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Clin Densitom 15:224-32. 2012..Future research needs to examine what impact decreased muscle mass and function has on morbidity, physical function, and quality of life in individuals with HIV...
- Jumping mechanography: a potential tool for sarcopenia evaluation in older individualsBjoern Buehring
University of Wisconsin Osteoporosis Clinical Center and Research Program, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
J Clin Densitom 13:283-91. 2010..Older age was negatively correlated, whereas lean mass positively correlated with jump power and height. JM appears to be a safe and potentially useful method to assess muscular function in older adults...