Affiliation: University at Buffalo
- A systematic review of the evidence on symptom management of cancer-related anorexia and cachexiaJean K Brown
University of Buffalo, State University of New York, NY, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 29:517-32. 2002..To evaluate and synthesize the evidence regarding cancer-related anorexia and cachexia symptom management and make recommendations for future directions...
- A symptom cluster and sentinel symptom experienced by women with lung cancerJean K Brown
School of Nursing, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 38:E425-35. 2011..To determine the symptom experience and a sentinel symptom and to describe the relationship of participant characteristics with symptom clusters...
- Oncology nurses' knowledge, attitudes, and experiences regarding advance directivesMary Ann Jezewski
Center for Nursing Research, School of Nursing at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:319-27. 2005..To determine oncology nurses' knowledge of, attitudes toward, and experiences with advance directives (ADs)...
- Seeking and managing hope: patients' experiences using the Internet for cancer careSuzanne S Dickerson
School of Nursing at the University at Buffalo in the State University of New York, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 33:E8-17. 2006..To describe the experiences of patients with cancer using the Internet for information and support to manage the self-care aspects of illness and treatment, including symptom management...
- Predictors of symptom distress in women with breast cancer during the first chemotherapy cycleMarcia M Boehmke
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, USA
Can Oncol Nurs J 15:215-27. 2005..To determine the extent to which personal characteristics and "person factors" predict symptom distress during the first cycle of chemotherapy...
- Out of necessity: oncology nurses' experiences integrating the internet into practiceSuzanne S Dickerson
School of Nursing, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:355-62. 2005..To understand the experiences of oncology nurses who use the Internet in their practice when their patients use the Internet for cancer care...
- Nutrition and physical activity during and after cancer treatment: an American Cancer Society guide for informed choicesJean K Brown
University at Buffalo School of Nursing, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 53:268-91. 2003....
- Is self-reported height or arm span a more accurate alternative measure of height?Jean K Brown
University at Buffalo School of Nursing, The State University of New York, USA
Clin Nurs Res 11:417-32. 2002....
- Quality of life and meaning of illness of women with lung cancerLinda Sarna
School of Nursing, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:E9-19. 2005..To describe the quality of life (QOL) of women with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and examine relationships of demographic, clinical, health status, and meaning of illness (MOI) characteristics to QOL...
- Quality of life and health status of dyads of women with lung cancer and family membersLinda Sarna
School of Nursing, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 33:1109-16. 2006..To describe and compare the quality of life (QOL) and health status of dyads of women with lung cancer and their family members and to explore the correlates of family members' QOL...
- Patterns of weight and body composition change in premenopausal women with early stage breast cancer: has weight gain been overestimated?Carolyn Ingram
Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Nursing, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Nurs 27:483-90. 2004..Further research is needed to design interventions that match survivors' needs...
- Challenges of recruitment and retention in multisite clinical researchMary E Cooley
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Phyllis E Cantor Center for Research in Nursing and Patient Care Services, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
Cancer Nurs 26:376-84; quiz 385-6. 2003..The most common reasons for attrition (24% of the sample) were death (n = 21) and severity of illness (n = 13). Challenges related to recruitment and retention varied by geographic location...
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine therapies to control symptoms in women living with lung cancerMarjorie Wells
School of Nursing, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6918, USA
Cancer Nurs 30:45-55; quiz 56-7. 2007..We found that CAM use is variable by symptom and may be an indicator of symptom burden. Our results provide important initial data regarding CAM use for managing symptoms by women with lung cancer...
- Response to Multivitamins/Minerals During Cancer TherapyJean Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..