Heidi E Brown
Affiliation: University of Arizona
- Influence of the Length of Storage on Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) Egg ViabilityHeidi E Brown
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, 1295 N Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724
J Med Entomol . 2016..In addition, the accumulation of eggs in containers should be accounted for in abundance modeling efforts where populations may grow rapidly early in the season...
- Factors influencing U.S. canine heartworm (Dirofilaria immitis) prevalenceDongmei Wang
Department of Mathematical Sciences, Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634 0975, USA
Parasit Vectors 7:264. 2014..The goal is to identify the factors that are important in predicting high canine heartworm prevalence rates...
- Annual seroprevalence of Yersinia pestis in coyotes as predictors of interannual variation in reports of human plague cases in Arizona, United StatesHeidi E Brown
Division of Vector Borne Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 11:1439-46. 2011..However, issues with data resolution and surveillance effort that potentially limit the public health utility of using coyote seroprevalence rates are discussed...
- An acarologic survey and Amblyomma americanum distribution map with implications for tularemia risk in MissouriHeidi E Brown
Bacterial Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:411-9. 2011..Our study provides an updated distribution map for A. americanum in Missouri and suggests a wide-spread risk of human exposure to A. americanum and their associated pathogens in this region...
- Evaluation and modification of off-host flea collection techniques used in northwest Uganda: laboratory and field studiesJeff N Borchert
Bacterial Diseases Branch, Division of Vector Borne Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3150 Rampart Rd, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
J Med Entomol 49:210-4. 2012..Within human habitations in Uganda, Kilonzo traps were especially useful for collecting C. felis, the dominant species found in human habitations in this area...
- Climatic predictors of the intra- and inter-annual distributions of plague cases in New Mexico based on 29 years of animal-based surveillance dataHeidi E Brown
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC, National Center for Zoonotic, Vector Borne and Enteric Diseases, Division of Vector Borne Infectious Diseases, 3150 Rampart Road, Foothills Campus, Fort Collins, CO 80522, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 82:95-102. 2010..Understanding associations between environmental and meteorological factors can be useful for anticipating future disease trends...
- Spatio-temporal and neighborhood characteristics of two dengue outbreaks in two arid cities of MexicoPablo A Reyes-Castro
Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA Electronic address
Acta Trop . 2017..Future research and control efforts in these regions should consider these space-time and socioeconomic patterns...
- The effect of spatial and temporal subsetting on Culex tarsalis abundance models--a design for sensible reduction of vector surveillanceHeidi E Brown
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Vector Borne Diseases, 3150 Rampart Road, Fort Collins, CO 80521, USA
J Am Mosq Control Assoc 27:120-8. 2011..We show that this productivity-based subset scheme performs better than other sampling effort reductions in generating the best estimate of Cx. tarsalis abundance per trap-night...
- Key factors influencing canine heartworm, Dirofilaria immitis, in the United StatesHeidi E Brown
School of Geography and Development, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Parasit Vectors 5:245. 2012..Factors thought to influence the spatial risk of disease, as identified in a recent CAPC workshop, are discussed...
- Serologic Evidence for Fecal-Oral Transmission of Helicobacter pyloriDavid Bui
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
Am J Trop Med Hyg 94:82-8. 2016..79, 2.87). Results from this study suggest H. pylori and HAV infections are strongly associated. Since HAV is primarily transmitted through the fecal-oral route, fecal-oral transmission may be an important pathway for H. pylori spread. ..
- A Critical Assessment of Officially Reported Chagas Disease Surveillance Data in MexicoEllen M Shelly
University of Arizona, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, Tucson, AZ
Public Health Rep 131:59-66. 2016....
- Mosquito Avoidance Practices and Knowledge of Arboviral Diseases in Cities with Differing Recent History of DiseaseSteven D Haenchen
University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
Am J Trop Med Hyg 95:945-953. 2016..Increased awareness and perceived risk of DENV were associated with increases in one of the most effective household prevention behaviors, removal of standing water, but only in Key West...